Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am planning on dumping a variable life contract (asap) in favor of a term coverage/invest the difference strategy. Can I roll the dough in this plan over into a Roth IRA similar to a traditional IRA rollover to get the one time tax benefit? The insurance "product" of course used after-tax money that grew tax-deferred which is different than the IRA situation. Are there any rules here? I'd like to have some information of my own before I work this out with my agent. Thanks Fools!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.