Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Any veggie low carber's out there?
I am not a total vegetarian, but I keep my meat consumption down to maybe once or twice a week. It just makes me queasy if I eat too much. I don't know why. DH is the same way. I have pretty much always been that way.
Anyway,
I am getting big-fat-fattie-fat latley and can't imagine what is causing it. I keep my carbs down to maybe 2 or 3 servings a day (Real servings, not typical American servings. Like a cup of pasta as compaired to a bowl of pasta.) and I ride the bike 45 minutes a day, 4 days a week (plus lift weights 3 days).
I am thinking of going even lower carb.
I did the Atkins diet a few years back and had great success, I just have so much trouble eating that much meat. Plus, I moved to Germany and that's when the fat really started to stick. Mmmmmmmm German bread.
The good thing is I can't find any good bread in the states now, so it isn't a temptation.
So, my reason for posting is this:
Do any of ya'll go low carb and no meat?
And:
As I recall, my craving for sweets and bread disapeared after some time, but I haven't had any luck staying on long enough for this to happen again. How long did it take you?
Do you think I would be smart to take a few days off of work (where the bigest temptations are) and get the sweets craving out of my system? (no need for bread still. Funny, before I went low carb, I couldn't get enough..couldn't imagine life without it, now it really doesn't interest me, but I am craving sweets)

Thanks for any thoughts!
Maggi
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement