Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope that this is the correct board to ask this as I am not sure what other place to post this. Here goes.

My girlfriend and I our both considering buying new Hondas. Accord EX V6 for me and Pilot EX for her.

I pay cash for mine, she pays cash for hers. I am considering putting my vehicle in her name because it would save me money, thousands of dollars.

Things are great with us and we love each other very much. However, my question is if the possiblility that our relationship heads south for whatever reason how would you suggest I protect my investment in my new vehicle from such an occurance.

I am thinking of her signing in advance both a bill of sale and the Assignment portion of the back of the Title of ownership to me with the rest of the details to be left blank to be filled in by me if the need arises. Both documents to be held by me for safe keeping.

Will this transfer ownership of the Honda Accord to me whenever I want to? Do I need other forms? Should I do it a different way?

Thanks in advance for your reply.


Print the post  


Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.