UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (153) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947664  
Subject: Re: I dont believe man causes Global Warming Date: 2/24/2013 8:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Velocity appears to have peaked in November 1999, at a rate of 2.66C per century.
The most recent velocity I am able to calculate (Feb 2005) indicatse an increase of .53C per century and decelerating. Deceleration appears to be increasing. The most recent I am able to calculate (July 1999) is -.0012C. This is significantly more than the prior max deceleration of -.0008 (June 1981).

I am willing to suggest that there may currently be no warming. The rate of deceleration implies this. But to say the pause began in 1997 is not to my mind supported by the evidence.
boards.fool.com/again-to-say-there-has-been-no-warming-for-t......

The IPCC grossly overstated its case. Warming has been significantly less than predicted and has significantly decelerated, to the point where there may currently be no warming at all. Nothing in the IPCC report suggested this. And remember, China is bringing coal-fired power plants online every week. Atmospheric CO2 has not decreased.

The reality is that systems like the North Atlantic Oscillation seem to have more to do with medium-term warming events than CO2.
http://boards.fool.com/otoh-if-you-really-want-to-go-back-in......

That type of thinking can never be allowed to stand. There are too many people heavily invested in work that requires grants and other forms of non-productive revenue-raising. The entire Democratic Party has staked their credibility on man-made global warming and climate change in general. Obama has given taxpayer money to fund various projects. There are also tons of protesters and activists with little else to do.

From the mouth of Al Gore to the force of the IPCC, there's plenty of reason for those involved to just sit back and review their mistakes. Perhaps they were too early in their predictions, perhaps they were just wrong. It's even possible that man has nothing whatsoever to do with climate change.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (153) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement