No. of Recommendations: 0
Vermonter,

Our family loves to camp...we just don't do it nearly as much as we'd like due to the furkids.

A few years ago we went to a family reunion in Gloucester, Mass. We camped in New York...at a state park for our first leg. Middle of a field, other campers all around...no privacy. Got to hear the neighbors argue all night. Very Jerry Springer-ish. But then, leg number 2...we camped either in Vt. or N.H. (it's driving me crazy that I can't remember where!) We got a lean-to in the middle of the woods. Couldn't even see the sites around us. Probably the most beautiful place we've ever camped. I would love to go back. (and we were able to have the dogs with us.) AND...to top it off...DH started a fire and cooked dinner in the pooring rain! We were so proud of him. Kids said he made the best beans and franks EVER that night. :)

Interestingly, we didn't see many "watch for bear" signs. It was "watch for moose"! (this was neat to a girl from Ohio) ;)

Good post V. Of coure now I'm really wanting some good camping time out in the woods somewhere!!

B.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement