UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mukluk Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4657  
Subject: Vern's Place Date: 1/12/2004 7:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
While waiting in the long, slow grocery check out line the other day, I picked up a magazine called, I believe, "Do it Yourself" which featured an article on Vern Yip's and Laurie Smith's homes.

Vern's (as you might have guessed) is gorgeous -- very clean lines, black leather, red accents, very spacious, bright and airy. He also has some very interesting oriental pieces -- a lovely carved cabinet and a statue of a 'Tang dynasty horse.

My turn at the check-out came before I could look at the Laurie part of the article, but from a quick glance at the first picture her house looks a lot like the design from the $50,000 Trading Spaces show.

Worth a look if you're a TS fan.
Mo.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3093 of 4657
Subject: Re: Vern's Place Date: 1/12/2004 3:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
While waiting in the long, slow grocery check out line the other day, I picked up a magazine called, I believe, "Do it Yourself" which featured an article on Vern Yip's and Laurie Smith's homes.

Vern's (as you might have guessed) is gorgeous -- very clean lines, black leather, red accents, very spacious, bright and airy. He also has some very interesting oriental pieces -- a lovely carved cabinet and a statue of a 'Tang dynasty horse.

My turn at the check-out came before I could look at the Laurie part of the article, but from a quick glance at the first picture her house looks a lot like the design from the $50,000 Trading Spaces show.

Worth a look if you're a TS fan.
Mo.

What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that magazine. Could you please give me all the information about that issue that you can?

Thanks,
Colleen

Author: mukluk Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3100 of 4657
Subject: Re: Vern's Place Date: 1/13/2004 6:58 AM
Recommendations: 0
Sorry, Colleen. I don't have a lot of information. I googled "Do it YOurself Magazine" but didn't come up with anything conclusive. The cover was pale blue with side-by-side pictures of Vern in his apartment and Laurie in her house. I wasn't familiar with the magazine, but probably a large newstand or a bookstore with a good selection of magazines would have it.

Hope that helps,
Mo.

Author: CatBarber Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3103 of 4657
Subject: Re: Vern's Place Date: 1/13/2004 1:36 PM
Do It Yourself magazine is affiliated with Better Homes and Gardens
http://www.bhg.com/bhg/store/product.jhtml?prodid=prod60002&ordersrc=cjpc&AID=10285370&PID=1374120

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3104 of 4657
Subject: Re: Vern's Place Date: 1/13/2004 2:21 PM
Sorry, Colleen. I don't have a lot of information. I googled "Do it YOurself Magazine" but didn't come up with anything conclusive. The cover was pale blue with side-by-side pictures of Vern in his apartment and Laurie in her house. I wasn't familiar with the magazine, but probably a large newstand or a bookstore with a good selection of magazines would have it.

Hope that helps,
Mo.

-----

Which month was it issued?

I'll continue looking for it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Colleen

Author: jrdown Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3106 of 4657
Subject: Re: Vern's Place Date: 1/13/2004 2:24 PM
Do It Yourself magazine is affiliated with Better Homes and Gardens
http://www.bhg.com/bhg/store/product.jhtml?prodid=prod60002&ordersrc=cjpc&AID=10285370&PID=1374120

-----

Thanks for the link. I'll do my best to locate the issue.

~Colleen~

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement