UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41614  
Subject: Version 2_3 of gebin's spreadsheet Date: 10/18/2004 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 18
Hi all,

Here is a slightly tweaked version of my spreadsheet. The major change is that the range of data to be plotted should now be set automatically. What this results in is the data being plotted, even if it does not extend all the way back for 30 years. Previously in this situation, you would have to change the ending row for each plot by hand to get them to display.

http://personal.palouse.net/muellerj/FCExcel/BMWtemplateVer2_3.xls

While this spreadsheet would not serve Mike's needs with his weekly update of dozens of stocks, it does have accurate prices. Neither MoneyCentral or BigCharts has the split adjustment problems that Mike has noted for Yahoo. In addition, their data often extend further back than Yahoo's does, so companies with 30 years of trading will show the whole 30 years.

I'm trying to figure out how to do updated spreadsheets, adding in missing data from when it was last updated, without having to run the whole thing again. Also wanting to add in the last closing price so a comparison can be made using yesterday's price rather than the end of last month (kind of like what hildy just posted). Will post these as I figure out the macro coding and as time permits.

gebin
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement