UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: OffshoreDriller Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 465377  
Subject: very sad news Date: 7/13/2011 8:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 222
I have some bad news that I need to share here. Unfortunately, sonnypage died unexpectedly in late June. I emailed him after not seeing any posts in a month, and his wife kindly wrote back. I guess I knew in my heart that it just wasn't like him to go 5-6 weeks without writing about Silver Wheaton, so it was out of worry that I tried emailing him today. The first email alias bounced. and I persisted and wrote to the other address I had, and his wife wrote back. She really wanted you all to have this update, because she knows how many friends he had online.

He went to great lengths to keep his online identity separate from his real life, so I will honor that here and not point to the eulogy or obituary, but I do have both and can confirm that the news is indeed true. Sonnypage has died.

I hope that everybody can take a moment and write a few memories of his fabulous stories, including war experiences, real estate deals, and Tales from Thai Thai.

I have met with sonnypage twice while visiting his city over the past 5 years, including one time where we went to dinner with his wife (to Thai Thai, where else?) and had some beer while watching football, and discussed the bailouts right after they all happened. His online persona was genuine, he was a truly nice guy, extremely smart, had a great family, and was a guy you'd be proud to have as a friend. So this is why I was shocked to find out he was no longer with us. This is the kind of news that forces us to stop and re-evaluate our own life, our values, and goals.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement