Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8529  
Subject: Very sad stuff Date: 2/28/2013 12:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Gary's cousin-in-law was shot in the head and arm a couple of days ago and he's not likely to recover. In addition to the three gun shot wounds, he also has influenza. He was waiting to pick up a prescription for Tamiflu when he was shot. The man who shot him has not been arrested.

Because this is being investigated as a crime, no one but my husband's cousin is allowed to be in his hospital room with him at this time, not even his 2 week old son, so Heidi is trying to stay with Brandon as long as possible between feedings, ignoring her own needs, and she has now developed an infection of her own for which she is being treated.

If you live in the Bowling Green area, you may have heard about the shooting on the news.

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/BREAKING-NEWS-Shooting-On...

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/Man-Who-Was-Shot-Involved...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8509 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 2/28/2013 2:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good god.

I did some Googling, and I can't believe it. He was just sitting in his pickup when he started having an argument with an off-duty court officer, and the off-duty guy just shot him three times? And hasn't been arrested? What kind of crap is this?

I'm sorry for everyone in the family. Chances of recovery look slim at best.

Does Heidi have a breast pump?

Nancy

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8510 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 2/28/2013 2:24 PM
According to one witness, the bailiff shot Brandon in the head/neck, then pulled him out of the truck and shot him twice more. Then he did nothing to help Brandon while he lay there bleeding to death.

And someone got a picture of the guy walking up to Brandon's truck with his gun already out. The guy is claiming self defense, but it's not self defense if you get out of your vehicle to charge a dude sitting in his own truck.

We don't know if Brandon had a gun in his truck with him. It's possible, because:

1. He's ex-military and was recently the appointed Constable (he ran for re-election and lost), and he's been used to carrying a gun everywhere.

2. It's Kentucky. My husband joked that it's kind of standard to have a shotgun in your pickup.

Not only has Tommy Brown not been arrested, he's currently on leave with full pay.

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8511 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 2/28/2013 5:35 PM
Oh my! I am so sorry!

The only benefit to not being able to take the child is hopefully he won't end up sick too.

:-(

DizChick

Author: impolite Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8512 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/1/2013 10:55 AM
frissy that's just awful. I'm sorry.

impolite

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8513 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/1/2013 1:16 PM
The shunt did not work. His ICP went all the way back up to 100. Brandon's parents are causing problems, mainly because they hate each other and are just causing general tension being in the same room together. (They are divorced)

Heidi is now having trouble nursing. Brandon was shot when little C was only 10 days old, and that 10-14 day period is an important one to build up supply. It's the first growth spurt, and instead of her being able to concentrate on her baby, she's having to deal with this.

Tommy Brown got a lawyer, who is saying that Brandon pulled a gun on Tommy and his wife, and that's why Tommy had to get out of his truck and charge Brandon with his own gun drawn.

Except, look at how the trucks are parked (the white truck is Brandon's):
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/480*320/31shoot5.jpg

His story literally does not add up.

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8514 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/1/2013 11:39 PM
I am sorry, my sympathies to the family. The news reports don't say much. I am praying for you and your family.

Cosmos

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8515 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/4/2013 10:10 AM
The Kentucky State Police are investigating, and are not releasing much information.

Brandon was pronounced dead Saturday morning, and we're waiting to hear from Heidi about what, if any, of his organs were salvageable. Hopefully, he will be able to save lives with his death.

Then his body will go to the state medical examiner for a full autopsy for the criminal investigation. That's going to take up to 2 weeks.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8516 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/4/2013 10:48 AM
{{{{{llamalluv & family}}}}}

Nancy

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8517 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/4/2013 12:20 PM

Nancy
Cosmos

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8518 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/4/2013 12:22 PM
I am so sorry! I hope he can be a donor and that it provides a small amount of comfort to the family.

I really hope justice is served.

DizChick

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8519 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/5/2013 3:12 PM

Nancy
Cosmos
Barbara

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8520 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/6/2013 3:00 AM

Nancy
Cosmos
Barbara
Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8521 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/6/2013 8:19 AM
Recommendations: 2
Yes, we got an update on that. A woman named Karen in Louisville was able to receive his lungs. I don't think that that is normally a known thing, but the woman's friends and family are assuming that Brandon was the 27 year old male that the lungs came from.

His father has kind of taken over, and not in a good way.
The funeral is set for Saturday, more than a week earlier than the rest of the family expected, and we will all have to travel through the big snow just dumped on the whole midwest and northeast sections of the country.

Author: DrBooa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8522 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/11/2013 5:18 PM
I am so sorry, frissy, I just saw this. I hope his organs can save people, like DizChick said, and that justice is served.

How awful. I am so sorry for you and your family's loss.

--Booa

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8523 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/13/2013 9:10 AM
Thank you. They did a military funeral for him (he was an Iraq War Veteran), but they left out the three volley salute. Some people actually asked why. (Ugh.)

I think I said before that I had never had the opportunity to meet him, and now I am terribly sad that was so. It really seemed like he was a wonderful, giving person.

Unfortunately, he was the stereotypical artist type, and his family is left with some debt and no life insurance and no will or other planning. Not a whole lot of debt, but enough that it will be difficult for his wife to clear without help.

However, she is getting help by the thousands. The community there in Bowling Green is outraged that Brandon's shooter is not only still free, but he's free and on paid leave. Several local businesses donated a percentage of their sales or did a fund raiser for the family.

It's upsetting Heidi that several of these businesses are bars, as neither she or Brandon drink or go to bars. But people in the neighborhood want to help, and that's where the people hang out. One small sports bar raised over $3000 in an evening.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8524 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/13/2013 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 10
It's upsetting Heidi that several of these businesses are bars, as neither she or Brandon drink or go to bars. But people in the neighborhood want to help, and that's where the people hang out.

She should not be upset- I doubt if anyone is considering the locale or source of the fund raisers a reflection them or their lifestyles.

Sometimes (and i am sure this is the case) - One just has to set aside those feelings and say thank you.

There was a little boy in our town a few years ago who died when he was 5.
There were several local "bar" fund raisers, as well as a poker run.
His parents do not drink, or ride motorcycles, (nor did he, at age 5)
But that is sometimes just the way small town community comes together...

peace & community
t

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8525 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/17/2013 9:05 AM
I think that the main reason she is concerned is because he was basically a youth minister.

I think it's very kind of the community, but I understand why she is upset.

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8526 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/19/2013 6:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
While I can understand her discomfort, those donating would know of her husbands work and life. The bar was just a way to raise money. I hope she is able to accept the money graciously with no guilt.

DizChick

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8527 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/20/2013 4:06 AM
Recommendations: 3
I think that the main reason she is concerned is because he was basically a youth minister.

Maybe I do not understand because (yes, I do drink) but i was raised Catholic, and they don't separate the alcohol from the clergy -
Wine is even part of the ceremony...

But it is just a bar/tavern/gathering place, not a strip club*, right?

peace & different morals
t

*NTTAWWT

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8528 of 8529
Subject: Re: Very sad stuff Date: 3/20/2013 3:56 PM
They are not Catholic and are teetotalers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement