UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25048  
Subject: vestigial organs Date: 8/17/2012 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Darwin can explain, creationists can't.

:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqZWKXd7vI
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JamesBrown Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23902 of 25048
Subject: Re: vestigial organs Date: 8/17/2012 3:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Darwin can explain, creationists can't.

In my science class, taught by a YEC, we made much of the idea that there are no such things as vestigial organs. In this case, 'vestigial' was defined as 'useless' and some time long ago, scientists had identified 200 parts of the human body as 'vestigial,' but over time, medical science identified uses for the vast majority of them. The handful that were remaining, we were confidently assured, will have their usefulness identified any day now. Thus, evolution is false.

Creationism's method in a nutshell: redefine, misdirect, and declare victory.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23903 of 25048
Subject: Re: vestigial organs Date: 8/17/2012 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 0
Creationism's method in a nutshell: redefine, misdirect, and declare victory.

That's true. And those enmeshed in it really believe they have won (unless, like you and others, they start questioning). While the rest of us just shake our head and contemplate how sad they are.

Really this sort of study and information is for people who don't know or haven't decided. As you know. Well, I guess it is another data point for those of us who already know as well.

1poorguy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement