UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kaigun Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37588  
Subject: Veteran's Day Date: 11/10/1999 8:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
As one vet to another, I would like to thank all of you who have served or are still serving in our armed forces. True, it may not be what it once was, for better or worse. But our military is still the envy of the world, and when we get a Commander-in-Chief who appreciates what we do every day, and can do when called upon, then perhaps the balance of the good and the bad will redress itself in favor of the good.

Let us also recall and pray for those who are no longer with us. Whether lost in action, or through the passage of time, let us never forget that our servicemen and women have made, and will make the ultimate sacrifice to protect freedom, our country, or a stranger who just happens to wear the same uniform.

This day was originally set aside to commemorate the end of a great war, one thought to end all wars. Sadly, that is not so. May you all be here next year when we again recall, and honor, the veteran.

Tom
Kaigun Chusa

P.S. Happy birthday to all you Marines and FMF Sailors out there. Semper Fi.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: IrvHamlin Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1096 of 37588
Subject: Re: Veteran's Day Date: 11/11/1999 11:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Kaigun...

Your message is very appropriate, especially the reference to a CinC who would actually understand and appreciate what military members have done and can still do. I wonder what we have to look forward to if the "Reform" party siphons off enough votes to elect Gore or Bradley. Gore is a real Vietnam vet, having served as a "journalist", and Bradley served six months active duty in the USAF back in 1967. OK, so Bush was only a non-combat fighter jock but that's better than the other backgrounds, in my biased opinion.

I liked your profile and interview very much, too. As an ex-Infantry and ex-USAF guy I'm not qualified to say "Semper Fi" but I will anyhow!

I stopped paying much attention to Veterans Day many years ago as it became just another day off for most folks, just like Independence Day.

Thanks again for a great post.

Author: Scheller Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1100 of 37588
Subject: Re: Veteran's Day Date: 11/11/1999 6:22 PM
Recommendations: 3
Gore is a real Vietnam vet, having served as a "journalist", and Bradley served six months active duty in the USAF back in 1967. OK, so Bush was only a non-combat fighter jock

--------------------------------

Gentlemen,
I think that you are forgetting Senator John McCain is "offically" in the race. He's a true veteran, former POW, fighter pilot, and hero. I like the man's strait talking manner and wish that he had more of a chance. Too bad that his daddy wasn't President, maybe he would be the front-runner too.

http://www.mccain2000.com/

Scheller

Author: IrvHamlin Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1101 of 37588
Subject: Re: Veteran's Day Date: 11/11/1999 7:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
>>>Senator John McCain is "offically" in the race<<<

Dang nab it! I completely forgot about McCain. You're right, he's the only one who is a "real" vet. I'm not really inclined to support him as yet unless it comes to a choice between him and Gore or Bradley. Come to think of it, that's just what the choice will be if McCain's the Republican nominee. Of course if McCain's view of campaign finance reform ever prevails, you can say goodbye to anyone other than liberal lefty's being elected to any state or national office.

OT. I just saw the SOBinC laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Makes me want to puke. He's not fit to even walk on that ground.

On another front: Army allows as to how the 10th and 1st Divisions aren't exactly combat ready. Gee whillikers! Who ever woulda thunk it? Bet they're just the tip of the iceberg.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement