UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: UhuraY2K Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128073  
Subject: Vibrating pipes Date: 1/3/2004 6:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Kirk has been working on the rental apartment downstairs and turned off the water in the bathroom. I don't know if this is related, but our kitchen faucet has started vibrating whenever the water is on. Now it's starting to vibrate whenever I run the bathtub.

I think there may be air trapped in the pipes, and that he needs to turn the water back on in the downstairs apartment, then blow out the pipes by turning on all the faucets full blast and letting the water run for about ten minutes. Does that sound right?

Uhura
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dougdoogle Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44213 of 128073
Subject: Re: Vibrating pipes Date: 1/4/2004 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>>Kirk has been working on the rental apartment downstairs and turned off the water in the bathroom. I don't know if this is related, but our kitchen faucet has started vibrating whenever the water is on. Now it's starting to vibrate whenever I run the bathtub.

I think there may be air trapped in the pipes, and that he needs to turn the water back on in the downstairs apartment, then blow out the pipes by turning on all the faucets full blast and letting the water run for about ten minutes. Does that sound right?<<<

Might help. Won't hurt.

Getting air out of pipes should take about nine minutes less, though.

Doug

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement