Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66  
Subject: Visiting Toronto Date: 6/18/2002 8:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Wow, no activity here at all! But I'll give it a try.

I'll be in Toronto next week and am looking for suggestions as to "must see" places (I love to walk and don't like to shop) or good restaurants - from a good breakfast place to gourmet dinners.

I'll be staying downtown.

Thanks.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tecmo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 6/18/2002 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'll be in Toronto next week and am looking for suggestions as to "must see" places (I love to walk and don't like to shop) or good restaurants - from a good breakfast place to gourmet dinners.

Well these are definate tourist traps, but still worth seeing are the CN-Tower and the Hockey Hall of Fame. There is also a decent theatre district in TO if that sort of thing interests you...

tecmo

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/3/2003 12:54 AM
Christina,

I ate at "The Keg" close to my hotel off the 401. There should be one downtown, just ask at your hotel. It's a steak house and bar, nice atmosphere and good food.

I was told to visit the CN tower. Hope to see that Wednesday morning since we have time to kill before our little twin prop is ready to leave ;)

Odee

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 52 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/3/2003 12:56 AM
still worth seeing are the CN-Tower and the Hockey Hall of Fame

Do the Maple Leafs play downtown?? Is their ample parking?? Might try to catch a game on Tuesday depending on my schedule.

Odee
-couldn't believe the traffice eastbound on the 401 around 5:30pm Sunday <I thought I was back home in rush hour traffic>

Author: hlupak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/3/2003 1:32 AM
Do the Maple Leafs play downtown?? Is their ample parking?? Might try to catch a game on Tuesday depending on my schedule.

Tuesday as in, November 4? You're in luck, the Leafs play Pittsburgh that night. Unfortunately Mario Lemieux is questionable for the Penguins because of a hip injury.
http://www.mapleleafs.com/

They play at the Air Canada Centre, which is right downtown. I have no idea what the parking situation is like as I've never been there (haven't been to Toronto in eons, actually -- must recify that).
http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/

Have fun!
Cody

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/3/2003 12:54 PM
Thanks. Was just being told to take the subway downtown from my location <Sheppard St. - near the Fairview<sp?> mall.

Then I have Wed morning to check out downtown until I have to be back at the airport for 1pm.

Odee

Author: Odee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/7/2003 10:14 AM
Spent the evening at a local bar, Phoenix & Firkin - did get to see the hockey fight, er, game on TV. Hockey and karaoke - interesting mix ;)

On my way to the airport, drove downtown to get a glimpse of the CN Tower. Stopped for a traffic light on Yonge St. The light turned green, but blinking - I hesitated since a blinking green light is not common in the US. Does the blinking green indicate that oncoming traffic doesn't have a green light???

Enjoyed my time in Toronto - just wish the sun would have appeared. It did in the clouds on the way home.

Pics:
http://www.macmurph.com/photodb/album.php?album_id=916&showowner=1&showmember=Odee

Odee

Author: hlupak Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 11/7/2003 10:32 AM
The light turned green, but blinking - I hesitated since a blinking green light is not common in the US. Does the blinking green indicate that oncoming traffic doesn't have a green light???

B.C. has blinking green lights -- it means that the signals don't run on a timer and will stay green until either a car pulls up on the cross street or a pedestrian hits the crosswalk button. I'm not sure if it's the same in Ontario.

Cody

Author: dwhunter13 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57 of 66
Subject: Re: Visiting Toronto Date: 1/7/2004 6:18 PM
Does the blinking green indicate that oncoming traffic doesn't have a green light???

I know this is very delayed but the flashing green light means it is an 'Advanced Green'. In other words the left turn lane can turn as the traffic in the other direction does not yet have a green light. Cars going straight with the 'Advanced Green' can move through the intersection as well.

Thanks,

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement