Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: schaeon1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30  
Subject: Visx/Beam Date: 7/19/1999 2:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Visx reported last wed and they have gone up since. Beam reports on 7/30 and might be a good buy at$20. .05 is the earnings estimate on Beam. Missed the opportunity to cover under $7 today. I would have covered and then re-shorted for more shares at 7. As I post this, it is back to 7 1/4. We will see what the end of the day holds. A finish over 7 1/4 is actually a point for the longs today.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mank Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 30
Subject: Re: Visx/Beam Date: 7/20/1999 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Insider at Eyes purchased 706,250 shares at 7 1/16 on 6/10/99. I hope that he has better info that will prove profitable for him as well as me and other longs.As you know I am not pulling for you on this one, but good luck. I haven't shorted any stock yet but I am intrigued. What are you looking at for shorts?

Author: schaeon1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 30
Subject: Re: Visx/Beam Date: 7/20/1999 3:09 PM
Hello, interesting news on that inside buy. Where do I find that info? Anyway, it looks like eyes is stable around 7 1/2. I am really long with my other investments[taking a beating today like most]. and short stocks only occasionally. Saw eyes run up and almost shorted at ten but didn't get in until 8. I am going to cover at 7 1/2 and move on if it moves back to that point, otherwise I'll wait and look for some new lows. 7.25 was a good number for longs yesterday and I don't wish anyone ill will. We are all trying to make a buck. I do have some other short plays that I am considering and will let you know before I make a move. This is a board of two! Ha ha. What do you think of the General's posts on Yahoo?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement