Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121150  
Subject: Vital Tax Law Issues Date: 3/22/2003 4:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
It was really slow at our VITA site today, so we drew straws, and I got to leave early. Left my phone number in case they ran into a problem.

Just got off the phone with the site. They had a client with a brain tumor who had nothing but SSDI payments but needed a return for her daughter's financial aid package. "Since there's no income on the return, we can't get it to print."

Now I learned a lot about taxes in 25 years at the IRS, but my stint in user support was the most useful here. There was no paper in the printer.

Phil
Print the post Back To Top
Author: walnutstreet Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64623 of 121150
Subject: Re: Vital Tax Law Issues Date: 3/22/2003 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Phil,

Way to trouble-shoot those printer problems. :-)

We had a couple of no shows at our AARP site yesterday. That makes the day a little longer due to inactivity. It still feels good to help some lady with very little idea even how to start doing her taxes. Because we operate out of a Senior Center we primarily handle elderly people. I think those ladies really out live us men, because we see mostly elderly ladies.

Keep up your computer support, we still use all paper forms.

Regards
Pat

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement