UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tropical282 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35342  
Subject: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 4:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have some shares of vnod that seeem to have cut or stopped there dividend ...

Could just be temp. for now ?
Any details out there!!!

I see no upside for this preferred...
I don't need the cash but I see no value in holding...

Cheers
Print the post Back To Top
Author: richinaz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31246 of 35342
Subject: Re: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 5:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Are you sure it is VNOD? The shares are trading above par ($25) and I didn't see anything about not paying dividends.

Rich

Author: tropical282 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31247 of 35342
Subject: Re: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 5:58 PM
The last divi was in March...

Do they pay only two a year?

Author: aj485 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31248 of 35342
Subject: Re: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 6:20 PM
The last divi was in March...

Do they pay only two a year?

I would check with your broker to see if there was an issue, as my broker's detailed quote info shows they paid a dividend on July 1, 2010. And if the dividends had been suspended, I'm sure that they wouldn't be trading above par.

AJ

Author: Prophet43M One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31249 of 35342
Subject: Re: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 10:17 PM
Tropical said....

"The last divi was in March...

Do they pay only two a year?"

Tropical:

There is nothing wrong with this exchange traded bond. The bond par value is $25. The bond pays interest four times/year (Jan 1, Apr 1, July 1, and Oct 1). VNOD matures in 2039.

A great place to get a overview of this bond is at Quantumonline.

http://quantumonline.com/search.cfm

The issuer of the VNOD bonds is Vornado (ticker: VNO). The common stock is currently paying a dividend of $2.60/year so there is no way the bond interest is not being paid. I don't follow Vornado closely but I know that they are in solid shape. IIRC, Vornado has large ownership of class A office properties in NYC and to a lesser extent in the Washington DC area.

Author: Prophet43M One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31250 of 35342
Subject: Re: VNOD Date: 8/12/2010 10:19 PM
For whatever reason the prior link to Quantumonline is not working.

Try this instead.

http://quantumonline.com/

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement