UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PDXGalt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76759  
Subject: VNQ -considering investing - any opinions? Date: 1/2/2012 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello. I am new to this board so please forgive if this has already been asked.

I am considering making a move into VNQ for two reasons:

1. To re-balance my investment portfolio
2. VNQ has moved above its 200 day moving average.

Any opinions/thoughts on the board on this ETF and its current valuation, potential downside and upside? Risk?

Thanks.

PDXGalt
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70224 of 76759
Subject: Re: VNQ -considering investing - any opinions? Date: 1/2/2012 12:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I am considering making a move into VNQ for two reasons:

1. To re-balance my investment portfolio
2. VNQ has moved above its 200 day moving average.

since i don't have a feel for this market volatility, nor your time frame for investing, i don't feel qualified to respond to either of your reasons for investing in VNQ. if, however, you are using this as an entry into REITS for your port, you may glean some excellent insight from recent discussions of the industry, particularly, here:

http://boards.fool.com/2011-reit-year-in-review-29753752.asp...

also, the REIT FAQ link on the sidebar is an excellent resource for discussion of REIT ETFs Indexes and Funds....

i will say that investing in quality reits is a solid path to growing your retirement portfolio, or creating a steady revenue stream over the long run....

and, welcome to the REIT Board, hope to see you in many more discussions, as we grow and learn together...

dana

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement