Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lazyfrog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 220  
Subject: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/7/2001 4:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I often refer to Thomaas Stanley's work. Just to keep my mind on track. After skimming my highlights it dawned on me that unless one choose the "right" occupation and is pretty good at it, the chances of becoming very wealthy are small.

How does one go about choosing the correct occupation?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: waxurt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/7/2001 4:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
How does one go about choosing the correct occupation?

Do what you love.

Author: lazyfrog One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 185 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/7/2001 4:41 PM
Devil's advocate-

I love to ride the back of garbage trucks and empty folk's garbage in it.

I'm not sure this will make me rich.

Author: waxurt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 186 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/7/2001 4:43 PM
Recommendations: 2
Devil's advocate-

Try for 'happy'. It's much nicer than just rich.

Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 187 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/7/2001 9:23 PM
Recommendations: 1
Try for 'happy'. It's much nicer than just rich.

Or perhaps you need to define "rich".

e

Author: FinancialFemme One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 188 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/9/2001 10:11 AM
Devil's advocate-

It could if you started a private company offering competitive rates on garbage pick up to areas not included in municipal waste collection. Ever here of Mr. Rubbish?

Author: EllenE Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 189 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 12/9/2001 1:08 PM
Recommendations: 2
Devil's advocate-

It could if you started a private company offering competitive rates on garbage pick up to areas not included in municipal waste collection. Ever here of Mr. Rubbish?

Hey, it's exactly these kinds of necessary, albeit undesirable, services that *do* make money. I work somewhat with waste treatment plants, and those septic pumpers and treaters have quite the money-making machine going. Another "plus" about jobs like this--no fancy clothes that need dry cleaning, no appearances to keep up, no fancy car to drive...I wouldn't at all be surprised if many of these folks were millionaires next door.

Ellen

Author: cyberisme Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 202 of 220
Subject: Re: Vocation Vocation Vocation Date: 6/14/2002 8:44 PM
Devil's advocate-

Actually, if you truly love it, you may want to improve on it or change it, eventually opening your own business... making a great income for you.

Anything you love can be turned into income... you just have to love it enough and have a vision for the possibilities.

C.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement