UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: shirehobbit Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308360  
Subject: VoiceFive's Credit Card Survey Date: 1/22/2006 8:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Has anyone here heard of VoiceFive? I just received an e-mail from them, saying if I take twenty minutes to take their survey they will pay me $5.00.

shirehobbit
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219050 of 308360
Subject: Re: VoiceFive's Credit Card Survey Date: 1/22/2006 8:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Has anyone here heard of VoiceFive? I just received an e-mail from them, saying if I take twenty minutes to take their survey they will pay me $5.00.

I've never heard of VoiceFive, but a while back some organization I never heard of sent me an email offering $10 to do a survey on attitudes about credit cards. To my surprise, they actually paid me: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21787736

Author: shirehobbit Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219055 of 308360
Subject: Re: VoiceFive's Credit Card Survey Date: 1/22/2006 8:37 PM

Online Survey Musings

Yesterday I called AOL (yes, this is the one luxury I refuse to give up), explained to the cancellation rep that that I won't be making any overtime at my job this year and that I might have to switch to a different ISP because AOL's price is just too darn high. He offered me a lower monthly price if I agreed to stay with AOL for the next twelve months. The rep (a very nice Indian gentleman -- his accent was very, very thick so I had to ask him to repeat a lot of what he said -- poor guy!) said I could make money off of AOL in two ways, one, for each friend I refer to AOL and joins, I get $50 (I won't be doing this -- my friends are happy with the ISPs they have), and two, I can answer online surveys and get $5.00 taken off my monthly bill for taking each one (up to two surveys a month). Well, I answered some prelimary questions to take a survey and received a message back that I didn't qualify for any that day. But they said they could e-mail me if any other surveys came up (I took them up on their offer). I assumed he meant surveys put out by AOL. I wonder if my e-mail address was sold to other marketing departments?

shirehobbit

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219242 of 308360
Subject: Re: VoiceFive's Credit Card Survey Date: 1/24/2006 4:20 PM
I wonder if my e-mail address was sold to other marketing departments?

Not likely. I subscribe to a service called eRewards, where I earn credits for receiving marketing emails originated through eRewards, as well as filling out surveys. I can use the points for free Blockbuster video rentals as well as discounts at a number of partnering sponsors. I can also control the number of emails I receive from eRewards and can cancel participation at any time.

Fuskie
Who figures he has used over $100 of free Blockbuster services so far...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement