UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947775  
Subject: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 10:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
I would only say one thing about this debate. VP Biden was obnoxious, constantly interrupted, acted completely snarkey - just what I would expect from him. He is a boor and hasn't improved. Bidens only defense of his record was to laugh disrespectfully at the future VP, then speak like an angry parent with a child when he said anything - acting like an overbearing a$$ toward Ryan, the Moderator, the audience, and the nation as a whole. We can decide on our own. We don't need to have a Daddy Biden or a Daddy Obama telling us how to vote.

Mr. Ryan was respectful and measured and thought instead of simply blowing words as did Biden.

Biden and Obama have had four years to take action - they haven't done it and America is now being attacked. You don't wait until after an attack to prepare.

I wanted to see what would be SAID - not who could shout the loudest. Mr. Biden needs to get a job as a used car salesman. And I would trust him just as much as I do one of those gentlemen.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823587 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 11:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 54
In other words, your guy Ryan lost.

AW

ps - he lost big time.

Crushed.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823593 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 11:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
remember, if anything happens to a President, you'll have the VP taking over.

Has happened many times in our history.....Lincoln....Garfield.....Kennedy....almost Reagan....

Can you imagine a snarky, dirty dealing politician, in the bag for the unions, greenie corruption extraordinaire Joe Biden as President?

WHen you vote, think about that.

t.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823595 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 11:22 PM
Recommendations: 66
Biden and Obama have had four years to take action - they haven't done it and America is now being attacked.

Excuse me? America is now being attacked? Are you eleven years old? Did you somehow miss 9/11?

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823612 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 11:51 PM
Recommendations: 31
Biden won on substance. Republicans are talking about Biden's grinning and laughing because they lost on substance.

What would have been better when Ryan was lying - for Biden to be looking down and looking grim, or grinning at how ridiculous Ryan's statements were?

Spin all you want Republicans. Biden won. Ryan did a good job, but Biden won.

And BTW do I get to say how goofy Ryan's grin was? Why isn't anyone talking about that? I think he has a goofy grin.

Here he looks like a goofball from 'Welcome Back, Kotter' (and he used the same grin in the debate).
http://boingboing.net/2012/10/11/paul-ryans-halloween-costum...

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823615 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/11/2012 11:59 PM
Recommendations: 6
And BTW do I get to say how goofy Ryan's grin was? Why isn't anyone talking about that? I think he has a goofy grin.

And he licked his lips a lot. Bad thing to do on TV. Anyway...

To me, Ryan came off like an over-prepared high school debate team captain who thinks talking fast makes your points stronger. And Biden the old pro who couldn't help but laugh at the youngster's inexperience and goofy frip on the truth. He schooled Ryan at least three times, first with the "malarkey" line, teasing him about the letters begging for stimulus funds and with the "so you're Jack Kennedy now?" crack. A cheap shot, but an effective way to diss not-ready-for-prime-time Ryan. Ryan's best moment was when he talked about abortion, but that's not going to win Romney any votes.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823616 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 12:07 AM
Recommendations: 1
The Big Mo swinging the Dems way!

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823617 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 12:11 AM
PS: Altho' imperfect, Raddatz beat Lehrer on How To Do It.

Ken

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823625 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 12:37 AM
Recommendations: 93
Joe Biden is a good guy, and much sharper than many people give him credit for. He has great experience, and is honest to a fault. One of the few guys in Congress who gets made fun of because he hasn't made himself rich being a politician.

Ryan said nothing of substance, ducked any explanation of hoe his magic numbers could possibly work, and never answered a question directly.

It was nice to see Biden come out of the shadows in order to hand Ryan his hat, pants, and rear end. Well done, Joe!

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823650 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 7:51 AM
Recommendations: 3
AW, if by losing you mean he didn't act like an idiot, guffaw every time Biden spoke, was able to control himself and act like a human being, and didn't try to lecture everyone with his 'vast knowledge', yup.

And I would prefer that he would lose on those things.

Regarding content, Ryan hit it out of the park - Biden promised four more years of the same old stuff.

I'd much rather have some hope for a change, rather than hopelessness due to the changes.

Your guy was an idiot, and showed it quite adroitly.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823651 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 7:54 AM
Recommendations: 2
xlife, I don't know who you are and I really don't care.

I haven't forgotten 9-11. I haven't forgotten the Cole. I have not forgotten many things that have happened that, apparently, you folk have.

You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11 and the Cole and the 92 WTC attacks... and you folk seem to somehow forget that conveniently.

If you think 9-11 was the last of it, you will be sadly mistaken. If you think Obama will (not can - WILL) protect us, I haven't seen that as likely.

Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823676 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 9:35 AM
Recommendations: 66
You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11 and the Cole and the 92 WTC attacks

What, exactly, did Iraq have to do with any of those things? The monetary cost of that war plus its cost to our economy is pegged at somewhere around $3 trillion. It's my belief that had we stayed focused on Afghanistan, we'd have gotten bin Laden and decimated al Qaeda much sooner (and much more cheaply).

It didn't help that President Bush pushed through a tax cut during the war that forced us to put the whole thing on a credit card.

Perhaps you haven't forgotten 9/11, but you may have missed some of the details that followed.

Speck

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823679 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 9:38 AM
You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11

Really? I wasn't aware that the war in Iraq had anything to do with 9-11?
Do you have some information that the rest of us don't have?

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823695 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 9:56 AM
"Really? I wasn't aware that the war in Iraq had anything to do with 9-11?
Do you have some information that the rest of us don't have?"

Dick Cheney will tell you all about it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823704 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 10:07 AM
xlife, I don't know who you are and I really don't care.

Let's keep it that way.

I haven't forgotten 9-11.

Then why did you say we're now being attacked as if it's something new and specifically Obama's fault? The Benghazi terror attack is part of a long-running continuum of Islamist/Al Qaeda terror attacks that began more than 20 years ago. It's far from the worst one, obviously.

I haven't forgotten the Cole. I have not forgotten many things that have happened that, apparently, you folk have.

Huh? You're the one acting like this is something new and attributable to Obama's foreign policy.

You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11 and the Cole and the 92 WTC attacks...

Well, one of them, anyway.

If you think 9-11 was the last of it, you will be sadly mistaken.

Who said 9-11 was the last of it?

If you think Obama will (not can - WILL) protect us, I haven't seen that as likely.

So far, he's done a much better job of it than the guy you liked so much.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823706 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 10:16 AM
"AW

ps - he lost big time.

Crushed"

You guys are partisan jokes, lol...

Rude, obnoxious, (yeh, get him), smugness = win in your eyes? lol... you guys keep digging a hole and don't even know it.

both did well, very even
Biden was an a$$
Ryan was a gentleman.
and don't kid yourself lefties, the people that this debate matters to are the independants/undecided and they do not like aholes.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823729 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 10:43 AM
Crushed?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-...

Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823743 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 11:11 AM
"Forty-eight percent of voters who watched the vice presidential debate think that Rep. Paul Ryan won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Thursday night's faceoff. Forty-four percent say that Vice President Joe Biden was victorious. "

that's what the left doesn't get, that most people deducted points for Bidens rudeness, and gave points to Ryan for being such a respectful gentleman.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823758 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 11:46 AM
spikie says

AW, if by losing you mean he didn't act like an idiot, guffaw every time Biden spoke, was able to control himself and act like a human being, and didn't try to lecture everyone with his 'vast knowledge', yup.

And I would prefer that he would lose on those things.

Regarding content, Ryan hit it out of the park - Biden promised four more years of the same old stuff.

I'd much rather have some hope for a change, rather than hopelessness due to the changes.

Your guy was an idiot, and showed it quite adroitly.

Obviously it sucks to be a Republican right now.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823761 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 11:48 AM
I've liked Joe Biden for a long time, but never as much as I liked him last night. Ryan really should know better than to go after him about the Middle East.

Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823763 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 11:50 AM
that's what the left doesn't get, that most people deducted points for Bidens rudeness, and gave points to Ryan for being such a respectful gentleman.

A lot of people don't get that one can almost always find a poll that supports their position. Consider:

Thursday night’s vice-presidential debate in Danville, Ky., is a potential example of this. Instant polls conducted after the debate are suggestive of something between a tie and a modest win for Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

A CBS News-Knowledge Networks poll of undecided voters who watched the debate found 50 percent giving the advantage to Mr. Biden, 31 percent to the Republican, Representative Paul D. Ryan, and 19 percent calling the debate a tie.

A CNN poll of debate-watchers, however, had 48 percent giving the debate to Mr. Ryan, and 44 percent to Mr. Biden.

The surveys are not directly comparable: the CBS News poll was conducted among undecided voters only, while the CNN poll was among all debate viewers. But it might be noted that Mr. Biden’s margin in the CBS News poll was somewhat larger than Mr. Ryan’s in the CNN survey, which was within the poll’s margin of sampling error.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/in-polls...

Helpfully,

Speck

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823867 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 2:17 PM
Aren't there debate rules against the obnoxious behavior exhibited by Joe Biden? If not, there should be.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823941 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 4:09 PM
"Regarding content, Ryan hit it out of the park..."

You are joking, right? Or was there another debate that I and everyone else didn't see? Not even anyone on Fox thinks Ryan did anything remotely like 'hit it out of that park'.

That's really funny.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823994 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 5:10 PM
You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11 and the Cole and the 92 WTC attacks...

There were no 92 WTC attacks.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824009 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 5:35 PM
Consider what the White House is admitting: A vice president who is unable to control his inappropriate emotional displays and outbursts? Talk about gross incompetence and lack of maturity, and this is a heartbeat away from the presidency? And the president and his advisers believe that using this as an excuse is somehow helpful to them? That displays every bit as much incompetence and lack of professionalism as Biden's boorish behavior.

We are long overdue to get adult professionals back holding the reins of power and back in our White House.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA&feature=youtu...

Author: FoolishVintner Two stars, 250 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824046 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 6:37 PM
Biden and Obama have had four years to take action - they haven't done it and America is now being attacked.

If you're going to go around leveling charges against the president of your country and the commander in chief of your troops, don't you think it would be a good idea to examine his record over four years, and compare it to the record of other presidents over the same time period? Or are you just going to go running off at the mouth, no matter what the facts are?

I am guessing that the fact that under Obama, fewer Americans have been attacked overseas than under any Republican administration since before WWII is problem something that you're not really aware of. And I'm guessing that, now that you've been made aware of it (and can easily google the statistics to confirm it), you're still just going to keep running off at the mouth, no matter what the facts are.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824050 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 6:50 PM
"fewer Americans have been attacked overseas than under any Republican administration since before WWII "

How about you provide the link.

Obama is the first President since Jimmy Carter(D) who has allowed lax embassy security resulting in an Ambassador being killed, which of course Obama is desperately trying to cover up.

Author: FolacinTheAcidic Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824052 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 6:54 PM
You see, the "unpaid for wars" are a result of 9-11 and the Cole and the 92 WTC attacks... and you folk seem to somehow forget that conveniently.

The "unpaid for" part was a clear choice on the Bush administration part. Instead of raising taxes and/or cutting other spending, they instead chose to run both wars as supplemental appropriations so that their top line deficit number would look better.

Part (not all) of the Obama deficit is that he immediately put the costs of both wars in the main budget.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824104 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/12/2012 10:42 PM
I’d like to share a story on Senator Joe Biden that happened 31 years ago, which may be relevant to Biden’s Thursday evening debate with Paul Ryan. It involved Biden’s international humiliation of a good man, and it became a habit for Biden. I’m confident Biden may aim to repeat the performance with Paul Ryan in the vice-presidential debate, looking to “Quayle” the youthful Wisconsin congressman in a way worse than Lloyd Bentsen might have done.

The “good man” I’m referring to is William P. “Bill” Clark, also known as Judge Clark. Clark, now 80 years old and living in Paso Robles, California, was Ronald Reagan’s confidant, closest aide, and single most important adviser in the effort to take down the Soviet Union. He was widely heralded from left to right, from the likes of Maureen Dowd to Lou Cannon to Edmund Morris to Cap Weinberger to Michael Reagan. But before Clark could do the crucial work he did for President Reagan, he had to survive confirmation hearings before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in February 1981.

Reagan had just succeeded in convincing Clark to give up his California Supreme Court seat—to which Governor Reagan had appointed him—to help him come to Washington to run the State Department. Reagan wanted an “America Desk” at State, someone loyal who could ensure the department would be an asset, not a liability. He needed a second-in-command there to help keep an eye on Secretary of State Al Haig. He wanted someone who was not known as a foreign-policy expert but was a sure-thing to get things done, to keep order, and to truly run the department. He knew he could trust Clark completely.

Unfortunately for Clark, the post required Senate approval, where, at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, a grinning Joe Biden was poised to embarrass Reagan’s new guy. So, on February 2, 1981, Clark took questions from the senators, including Biden, who launched into what theWashington Post would call, “The Interrogation of Justice Clark.”
Biden began by patronizing Clark for his ability to put himself through school as the son of a poor rancher. “I, for one, think it admirable the way in which you have conducted yourself in getting to and through school,” began Biden. “I have a great deal of admiration for you.”

Biden then expressed his admiration by placing Clark in the stockade, asking him a series of specific questions he knew the judge would not be able to answer.

“I sincerely hope you can answer these questions,” averred Biden. “Let me begin with southern Africa—not South Africa, but southern Africa, such as Namibia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Mozambique, Angola and so on…. Can you tell me who is the prime minister of South Africa?”

Clark answered: “No, sir, I cannot.”

As the cameras clicked and the evening-news crews started salivating, Biden pressed on: “Can you tell me who the prime minister of Zimbabwe is?”

Clark: “It would be a guess.”

Senator Biden then ran through other policy specifics, curiously avoiding the Soviet-Cold War issues that Clark knew well. As he did, Biden inter-mixed his questions with feigned apologies.

Biden: “I really don’t like doing this, Justice Clark, but I don’t know how else to get at the point.”

And a second time: I really apologize, Mr. Justice. I know you are on the spot, and I don’t know how else I can do my job. This is one of the most distasteful question-and-answer periods in which I have participated. And, by the way, no one but me, not my staff, suggested that I use this approach… But this issue with regard to you, justice, in my opinion, is not whether or not you are bright. I think you're a bright man. I have incredible regard for you. I really mean that.

As this went on, Clark’s family, which sat nearby, absorbed each Biden jab like a punch to the gut.

“I was absolutely fried, furious,” said Clark’s son Colin. “I turned purple with rage.” Another son who was there, Pete, a tough, literal cowboy, intensely proud of his father, to this day recalls how the episode “still hurts.”

In fact, Biden “admired” Clark so much, with such “incredible regard,” that he finished the grilling by announcing that he would not be supporting his nomination.

For his part, Clark was a paragon of restraint and civility, calmly telling Biden, “I respect that position, senator,” before adding, “I just have one point to make.”

Clark then explained, as he had in his opening statement, that President Reagan did not bring him on board as a policy expert, particularly on individual issue areas.

“Regarding making policy,” said Clark, “I have discussed this with both the president and the secretary [Al Haig]. Perhaps I did not make that clear, or maybe you came in a little after my description of what we consider to be the role. My position will not be involved in making policy, but rather in coordinating and implementing in the position as deputy secretary of state.”

Clark had indeed made that clear, as did the other senators, who jumped in to reiterate the fact. Even the ultra-liberal Senator Alan Cranston (D-CA) rushed to Clark’s defense. Biden didn’t care.

The damage to Clark was done. Joe Biden may have been “sorry, Judge, really,” but he had so humiliated Clark that the judge became the laughing stock of the world, as the international press lampooned him. Most appreciative of Biden’s performance were the Soviets, who turned Biden’s work into basically a TASS press release.

The press feeding frenzy abated momentarily on February 24, when Clark’s appointment came before the full Senate, which easily approved his nomination.

Clark stoically took the beating. A devout man, he seems to have seen it as his cross to bear, as some overdue suffering that he ought to be willing to take. And his humility was such that he never publicly shared Biden’s off-camera, quasi-apology to him, which he told to me (his biographer) many years later: Biden casually pulled Clark aside in the hallway, away from reporters, smirked, slapped him on the back, and said, “Hey, Judge, no hard feelings…. And don’t worry: I didn’t know the answers to those questions either.”

This would hardly be the first time that Senator Biden did this sort of thing. He would do similar things to Ed Meese—with Meese’s wife and kids looking on—when Meese was recommended as attorney general under Reagan, and also to Clarence Thomas, when Thomas was recommended for the Supreme Court. Thomas recounts Biden’s treatment of him in his memoirs. There, too, Biden finished the notorious “high-tech lynching” of Thomas with the same no-hard-feelings smile. Call it the Biden Treatment.

That brings me to Paul Ryan, the young running mate of Mitt Romney. What might Paul Ryan expect from a grinning Joe Biden this Thursday evening? My advice is that Ryan be ready for some embarrassing shots. Given that Biden fancies himself a foreign-policy expert, whereas Ryan is not, Ryan might want to prepare for Biden peppering him with questions like those he posed to Bill Clark--with a salivating press looking on. If that happens, Ryan should quickly remind Biden that (this time) it isn’t his job to ask the questions. Or, maybe Ryan could ask Biden if knows the current level of the federal debt, especially over the last four years.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824124 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/13/2012 12:18 AM
Oh, and Nigel... Biden did not allow Ryan the opportunity to explain anything. He did not want an explanation - he wanted to act like the total nincompoop that he is.

Can you imagine this clown as President of the United States? I cannot.

As far as Ryan saying nothing of substance.... you should perhaps watch it again - maybe two or three times more.

If Mr. Ryan said 'nothing of substance', Mr. Biden said nothing other than nonsense.

And, regarding the "lower taxes never have stimulated economies" joke that Biden was so positive about? Fantasy. That was debunked in the first 10 minutes after the 'debate', along with the concept that Biden won the debate. Then it was debunked again today about 4 pm by CNN - not Fox News.

Of course I know you'll now turn on CNN and savage them for disagreeing with you, but them's the breaks ol' buddy. You still have MSNBC and Rachel and Chris for your 'news'.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824126 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/13/2012 12:28 AM
Cf, I'm extremely pleased to be a conservative - now and at any time. The fact that Republicans are more conservative than most others makes me move to the Republican party much easier than toward the socialist party.

I had a Democrat that I really wanted to vote for - turned out I could not. He was a rather Iconic Figure in the Democratic party for many years, but now... now I don't think he would get the nomination for county clerk in a conservative Democratic county and state.

I'll give you a hint who he was... he was elected President in 1960 and he was a very good one in my opinion.

That was the next to last Democrat I would have voted for. The only one I actually did vote for was George McGovern. I doubt you have heard of him. Fortunately I lost that election because McGovern would have been horrible.

But as of now and as of the last 36 years, I have been very pleased to have the same political outlook every single year and I'm very content with it.

I'm sorry you haven't found something you can be content with. Maybe if you thought a little bit, you could find a better place than the one you are at now - one that has a bit more reason to it's philosophies.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824253 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/13/2012 1:31 PM
spikie says

Cf, I'm extremely pleased to be a conservative - now and at any time. The fact that Republicans are more conservative than most others makes me move to the Republican party much easier than toward the socialist party.

I had a Democrat that I really wanted to vote for - turned out I could not. He was a rather Iconic Figure in the Democratic party for many years, but now... now I don't think he would get the nomination for county clerk in a conservative Democratic county and state.

I'll give you a hint who he was... he was elected President in 1960 and he was a very good one in my opinion.

That was the next to last Democrat I would have voted for. The only one I actually did vote for was George McGovern. I doubt you have heard of him. Fortunately I lost that election because McGovern would have been horrible.

But as of now and as of the last 36 years, I have been very pleased to have the same political outlook every single year and I'm very content with it.

I'm sorry you haven't found something you can be content with. Maybe if you thought a little bit, you could find a better place than the one you are at now - one that has a bit more reason to it's philosophies.

You sure seem to think you know a lot about me.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824324 of 1947775
Subject: Re: vp debate Date: 10/13/2012 4:58 PM
"Biden did not allow Ryan the opportunity to explain anything."

??? Ryan had all the time he needed to offer explanations - they are choosing NOT to do so. The magic math that Romney keep stalking about is ONLY explained by saying 'We'll sit down with Congress and just work it out.' Sorry but that isn't a rational explanation for anything, it is a recipe for failure. It won't happen, and everyone knows it. The middle class will have to pick up the tab for this stupidity - assuming enough voters are duped by this BS. I don't think they are.

"Can you imagine this clown as President of the United States? I cannot."

Biden or Ryan? Biden yes, Ryan no.

"As far as Ryan saying nothing of substance.... you should perhaps watch it again - maybe two or three times more."

I could watch it till the cows come home, there is still ZERO explanation for how the magic math is supposed to work. There is no 'there' there.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement