Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NorthWestFool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121170  
Subject: VUL cash out and tax forms... Date: 1/31/1998 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In 1997, I cashed out of a VUL (see post in insurance board for details). Shouldn't I have received a 1099-DIV from the company issuing the policy? All the other companies have responded by now with their tax forms - what is their time limit for issuing the 1099-DIV?

TIA,

-oly-

PS - maybe it came with the payout check...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1665 of 121170
Subject: Re: VUL cash out and tax forms... Date: 2/1/1998 10:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
[[In 1997, I cashed out of a VUL (see post in insurance board for details). Shouldn't I have received
a 1099-DIV from the company issuing the policy? All the other companies have responded by now
with their tax forms - what is their time limit for issuing the 1099-DIV?]]

Sorry, no time to check the insurance folder for the details. All I can tell you is that the company has until 1-31-98 to provide those documents. But don't be surprised if you don't get 'em for a week or two yet.

All you can really do is call the company and ask.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement