Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I received my W-2 form and noticed that about half the numbers on it did not agree with my last pay stub. Checking with my employer, they agreed there was an error, blamed it on the new payroll company and said it happened to a few poeple.To make matters worse, my company is on Chapter 7 and is expected to close in about 2 weeks so I do not see them issuing me a new W-2 in this lifetime.

What do I do as far as tax filing goes? Am I more vulnerable to an audit? I beleive I should should just stick with the numbers on my last pay stub when filing my 1040 this year.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.