Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Fools. After learning that my girl and I will be getting a combined return of over $2000 this year, we decided to try to reduce the deductions from our paychecks and save the tax money ourselves. That's too much interest to give away to Uncle Scam. The ultimate plan would be to have no income tax deducted at all and automatically divert 25-30% of out income into a decent interest, no risk savings account. We will owe every year, but hey, there could be significant interest income there. The question: How do we get our employers to stop deducting?

Thanks in advance!!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.