Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have been searching through the archives but have not found a
question that matched mine. I currently claim 2 allowances on the W4,
1 because I can not be claimed as a dependent and another because i am
single and have only one job. None of the other questions on the form
apply to me.

I received an $1800 refund last year, and microsoft Money is telling
me I should expect a refund more along the lines of $2600 this
year....I don't want a big refund in April, I want a bigger check
every other week!

So, I want to add allowances, I was thinking 1, but 2 more would make
more sense. I don't see that I can though, especially sense I have to
certify under penalties of perjury that I am entitled to the number of
witholding allowances claimed on the W4. But, it isn't right that the
governhment withhold so much from my paycheck. What is my recourse?
How do I add withholding allowances?

Thank you very much.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.