Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: UhuraY2K Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3721  
Subject: Re: "Follow the White Rabbit" Date: 9/24/2002 9:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
Wait eleven minutes before eating? That'll make your host real happy.

1. At dinner, before you begin to eat, do your breathing exercise for one minute. Now, be still and oberve what is on your plate for 10 minutes. Observe it closely, in detail, inquisitively, with openness. As you examine each piece of food, follow its journey from its beginning to your plate. Take notes that describe all of the steps in the process that this food took before it ended up in front of you . After that, proceed to eat without utensils. Use your hands. Be aware of the food as preciesely as you can. When you finish, take notes on what was different about eating this way. What did it make you think of? Can you relate it back to sociology and/or the rest of the world?

After watching my dinner get ice stone cold for ten minutes, I started to eat with my fingers. Mom was not happy, since she invited me over to her place and planned the menu for three weeks. Neither was her boss, who was present at that dinner. He wanted to know how long I had been deinstutionalized and if my meds needed updating. I got as far back as the supermarket, but the breathing exercise made my dizzy and hunger dulled my senses. All I could think of was bashing the person who gave me this assignment over the head with a heavy mallet and eating his liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

2. After you rmeal, go directly to a bathroon. Observe the toilet for 5 minutes with openness. What do you see? What does this make you think of in our world? What implications does it have for our society and the rest of the world? Take down some notes. Drop a piece of food from your meal into the toilet. Observe it for a moment, then flush. Observe for 5 minutes. Take more notes. Write about the journey your piece of food will take and its social implications.

Mom needs to switch toilet bowl cleaners. There are rust stains in the bowl. She also needs to call a good plumber. The food caused a huge backup and flooded the bathroom. All the time I kept wondering how I could justify wasting food and water when so many people in this world do without.

Uhura :o)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement