Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193068  
Subject: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 9/30/2012 10:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We've chatted before about deaths coming in three's. Recently, my family has dealt with two.

First, my aunt. I wasn't particularly close to her. My father's family doesn't really 'get' how families are supposed to work.

My grandmother also recently passed. I wrote about her a couple of years ago as she celebrated her 100th birthday.

I've got to say, over the past few weeks I've really spanned the spectrum with funerals. As moving and respectful as my grandmother's was....well...my aunt's wasn't.

Still, I know that they are both in a much better, happier place.

But I wonder; who's next?

Mike
Print the post Back To Top
Author: crocket838 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190877 of 193068
Subject: Re: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 10/1/2012 11:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Andy Williams passed away last week. I count that as 3.

Crocket

Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190878 of 193068
Subject: Re: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 10/1/2012 11:31 AM
Recommendations: 2
I'll take it.
He tended to hang around the house at Christmas time.

Mike

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190879 of 193068
Subject: Re: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 10/1/2012 5:27 PM
But I wonder; who's next?

The wind that blows is all that knows.

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190880 of 193068
Subject: Re: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 10/1/2012 8:56 PM
We've chatted before about deaths coming in three's

I actually don't believe in that kind of stuff. But if you want to, you can find all kinds of stuff to support various myths like that.

Condolences on the loss of your aunt and your grandmother.

My maternal grandmother died the year I was born and my paternal grandmother died when I was 7. My maternal step-grandmother was a big part of my childhood and died when I was in my late 20's.

Christina

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190881 of 193068
Subject: Re: Waiting for the third shoe Date: 10/2/2012 9:12 AM
My condolences, Mike.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement