No. of Recommendations: 9
If any of you women are out there buying lottery tickets, or hoping to marry the next millionaire, all I can say is get your head out of the clouds and start thinking about buying a house and having a retirement fund, or you will be working forever to pay your bills. Divorce, death, medical bills can all change your life quickly. So even if you are married, know your finances and take charge of them. The peace of mind is worth it. The good news is that it is never too late to start, and it is easier than I thought to learn about it with all the great info on the net. If you are in your twenties and spending money like it is going out of style and running up debt - don't do it like I did - it takes so long to pay it off. I was always unhappy and thought buying more possessions would make me happy - I now know the peace of mind from knowing that I can pay my bills and have some left over to save short-term and invest long-term gives me a secure feeling that no possession can. Knowing that you can take care of yourself and not have to rely on anyone else is a great feeling. People like you for you - not your car or your diamond size or your designer outfit. Be secure and confident - it is less stressful!!! I wish I had figured this out when I was younger and hope it helps someone out there.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement