Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7784  
Subject: Waivers Date: 8/26/2012 12:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am opening the waiver period. I have already gotten a couple of claims which I will include. Everyone has league access.

Waivers will close approx 10pm on Tues 8/28 which will allow me to adjust rosters prior to my bedtime. I am setting that time as it is my last availability prior to Labor Day.

If you wish to claim a player for an open spot (everyone has an open roster spot) it will cost you your waiver priority so keep this in mind.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gayner Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7377 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/27/2012 1:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would like Hearh Miller, TE, Steelers.

I also want to drop Jo ADams, WR Panthers from my rooster, and add
Dion Lewis, RB EAgles

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7378 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/27/2012 4:03 PM
Is there another waiver period ending the day before next Wed nite game one btw NYG and Dallas, I assume?

That is, if I skip this one, we have next week to pick a guy up before 9 days from now?

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7380 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/27/2012 4:57 PM
Let's hope so. I would hate to piss away my waiver priority just to pick up a kicker. Had I known otherwise, I would have drafted one.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7382 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/27/2012 5:06 PM
For now, cancel my waiver request.

"Waivers will close approx 10pm on Tues 8/28 which will allow me to adjust rosters prior to my bedtime. I am setting that time as it is my last availability prior to Labor Day."

Just so we're on the same page, what time zone? I'll assume EST but don't want to assume. What happens after 8/28?

"If you wish to claim a player for an open spot (everyone has an open roster spot) it will cost you your waiver priority so keep this in mind."

So if I make a waiver request, I lose my waiver position? Are we doing this the entire season? So someone w/ waiver claim at 2 makes a claim during this time and goes back to 13. Is this permanent for the entire season not matter what they do?

PLEASE hit "E-Mail this Reply to the Author" in the event of a reply. Thanks.

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7383 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/27/2012 10:39 PM
Recommendations: 2
I will email you this one time 77.

I do not invent the rules as I go along. These are all things that were established in the past. I do not feel obligated to respond to your every demand for information when I know you don't take the time to read the FAQ or other missives. But FWIW, I did answer your question here: http://boards.fool.com/flom-round-14-30219452.aspx

All league business is conducted on this board, just as it has been for the last 10 years.

and yes, all time zones are EST, just as they have always been in this league.

Yes, your waiver priority is reset every time you make a claim, just as it has always been in this league.

Yes if you use your waiver priority before Tuesday night your waiver priority will be reset.

No one is out to get you or single you out. We went through the same process last year and I recall you going ballistic over something similar that was obviously and explicitly agreed upon by a supermajority here. I am annoyed that I am the only one speaking up here. My availability is extremely limited too, but I've taken the time to come here after a 13 hour shift and respond to your concerns.

Author: dmcostello Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7386 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/28/2012 9:40 AM
I am annoyed that I am the only one speaking up here.

I agree with everything you said.

Everyone should know the rules; they haven't changed much over the years.

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7387 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/28/2012 11:22 AM
Yep, all the rules are always publicly posted on this board, and Patch pretty much answers all the questions even when he's busy. The rules have been the same for a while, except for the waiver process which he explained for this year.

I'm sure it didn't occur to him to hit 'E-mail' reply, as it never occurs to me when I'm discussing stuff on the boards.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7388 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/28/2012 2:23 PM
"I do not invent the rules as I go along. These are all things that were established in the past. I do not feel obligated to respond to your every demand for information when I know you don't take the time to read the FAQ or other missives. But FWIW, I did answer your question here: http://boards.fool.com/flom-round-14-30219452.aspx"

For starters, I never said you made up the rules or I made demands. I only asked for clarifications where I was unsure. Big difference.

"We went through the same process last year and I recall you going ballistic over something similar that was obviously and explicitly agreed upon by a supermajority here."

Dig it up. The we'll talk. The only time I really went "ballistic" is when someone didn't set their draft ranking properly and we had agreed to put player back into the que for this team to draft. I put one player too many as I had missed a key point. I wasn't happy about it but I went on.

"I am annoyed that I am the only one speaking up here. My availability is extremely limited too, but I've taken the time to come here after a 13 hour shift and respond to your concerns."

Much respect for your efforts. I get that we all have lives. Now with that said, you look at your time here VS mine & you'll see that I have about a 1/10th of the time that you're here. You want to talk about time? Sometimes I don't bother looking at the entire threads (and I guess that's on me). I check the last post and see who has been picked and move on. I've done that because whenever we've made changed, we dedicated a new thread to it.

I've commished leagues before (why I haven't done it here). If someone wanted clarification, I gave it to them one way or another. That's all I asked.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7389 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/28/2012 2:24 PM
"I agree with everything you said.

Everyone should know the rules; they haven't changed much over the years."

I asked for some clarifications. That's all.

Author: RAIDERFAN77 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7390 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/28/2012 2:30 PM
"Yep, all the rules are always publicly posted on this board, and Patch pretty much answers all the questions even when he's busy. The rules have been the same for a while, except for the waiver process which he explained for this year."

So if I don't get on these boards, I'm up a creek? Is that your response? We have a commissioners corner on Yahoo. If you put important info there, we're all on the same page. At this point in time, I don't have access to a computer & when I do, it's pretty much for business.

"I'm sure it didn't occur to him to hit 'E-mail' reply, as it never occurs to me when I'm discussing stuff on the boards."

You obviously missed what I said when he emailed me to say my player had been removed. You also missed where I said I'm not here on fool much anymore. I've been here on Fool the last 2 weeks than I have the entire year. He could have sent an email (as I did with him) but he didn't. That was a REAL disappointment to me. If a player can be taken off my roster, an explanation why isn't much to ask for (as I had to do this for people in other leagues).

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7393 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/29/2012 5:24 PM
Recommendations: 3
FWIW 77, while I'm not going to take the time to dig up the conversation, I remember it the way patch did, that you went pretty crazy over something that was explicit in the rules.

I think the issue here frankly is that you're not on TMF that much. You've been in the league for several years now. Honestly, you should know the rules by now, and if you don't, you should know where to go to get them.

If you can't make it onto TMF much, that's fine. But I don't think you should expect someone to do your work for you. Look up the rules if you don't understand something. Then, if what you're looking for isn't explicitly in the rules, ask about it. Don't do it the other way around. My parents ask me ridiculous questions all the time, and I will 100% refer them to www.google.com when it happens. I feel like this is the same situation.

Patch is bending over backward to answer everyone's requests here, and I have a pretty good sense of how busy he is in real life because I interact with him in it. I don't think it's asking a whole lot for you to do some of the leg work yourself rather than leaning on someone else to get simple answers for you.

- C -

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7395 of 7784
Subject: Re: Waivers Date: 8/29/2012 11:14 PM
FWIW 77 and I are cool now.

Thanks for the support though. It is easy to wonder if you are on the right side of things when there is otherwise silence.

One point that 77 made - which I agree with - is that no one should have to wait 12 hours until I get off work to have an ambiguous point addressed. There are 12 people other than me who can jump in and help.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement