Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 212549  
Subject: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/24/2013 7:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
…for worst customer satisfaction.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/9-retailers-with-the-worst-...

Customer satisfaction score: 71
12-month revenue: $469.16 billion
One-yr. share price change: 22.65%
Industry: Department and discount stores; supermarkets
Among all retailers rated by the ACSI for customer satisfaction, none received a worse score than the 71 for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. WMT +1.57% , which it received from the ACSI when it was graded as a department and discount store. When graded for customer satisfaction as a supermarket, Walmart’s ACSI score was not much better, at just a 72. This was by far the worst in that category. This is hardly new territory for the company. Walmart has been the lowest rated department or discount store in the nation every year between 2007 through 2012. Worse, it has been the lowest rated supermarket every year since 2005. And the company’s performance in e-commerce is not particularly impressive either. According to ForeSee’s E-Retail Satisfaction Index, Walmart received a grade of 78 on a 100 point scale during the 2012 holiday season, while rival Amazon.com led all e-retailers with a score of 88.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: soycapital Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200408 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/24/2013 8:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The stock is on a solid up trend, I was looking at buying some around 50-52. Wish I had done so. They haul in a ton of cash...........Pretty secure spot in retail I would say. I hold no other retail stocks, a little too volatile for me. I know little about the sector.

Author: someshoes One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200419 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/25/2013 2:23 PM
Walmart is clothing (shoes, shirts, bottoms, outerwear, underwear, socks, sweaters, etc.) a SUBSTANTIAL number of families—legal and illegal—who buy whatever they need, wear it, and then return it as damaged or defective whenever they wish. How's that for "customer service"? Try that at Neiman Marcus.

Author: UrbanFarmer Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200429 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/25/2013 5:24 PM
WMT has repurchased about 500M shares in the last 4 years.  In 2008,the Walton family owned about 34% of outstanding shares. Today they own 52%.  A not so long term premium-free takeover.  It would be nice to have a portion of the last 20%.

Author: eurotrash01 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200434 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/26/2013 9:04 AM
WMT vs COST (small survey sample but interesting): http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-26/customers-flee-wal-...

et

Author: ghu216 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200477 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 3/27/2013 1:03 AM
we find what we know how to look for at WMT every time. We do not always find what we are looiing for at Costco because they practice de-stocking on unpredictable axhedules. Many of their items are not avaiable anywhere else which allows management to be quite arbitrary in decidng what to carry for their customers. Costco's wine offering are totally unpredictable.

If customers at WMT expect ro find whatever they want at whatever time they choose to come looking for it would WMT be a better business? I doubt it.

G H U

Author: WHOVPLLC One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 208657 of 212549
Subject: Re: Wal-Mart #1… Date: 2/10/2014 10:39 AM
We, our whole extended family, will NOT shop at Nebraska Furniture Mart because of an offensive, check-out clerk on the Holiday shopping season December 2005 made our daughter cry. We left a whole cart of merchandise in the check-out lane and left -- NEVER to return.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement