No. of Recommendations: 3
Interesting walk with the dogs today. We live in the middle of thousands of acres of woods. One of our neighbors is a children's camp that very nicely lets us walk all over their property. We and our dogs can walk for miles just by stepping out of our door. Yes, we know how lucky we are.

We were up on a ridge above a valley where Bebo, a beagle? / boxer mix, has disappeared for long stretches of time on other walks. We looked around to see if she and Sniff, a mostly beagle mix, were with us and we saw that Bebo was with another dog about her size, but with the shape and coloring of our old malemutt. The other dog tried to run away but Bebo blocked her and they ended up about 20 feet from us. Bebo was playing having a good time,but the other dog wanted nothing to do with us because the other dog was a coyote. It got away from Bebo so Bebo gave chase, and so did we. 15-20 minutes later she came back to us. The rest of the walk was uneventful.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hopefully it went better than this:

http://youtu.be/Dsb5HH8m24Y
It got away from Bebo so Bebo gave chase, and so did we. 15-20 minutes later she came back to us. The rest of the walk was uneventful.

Wow, PF! That would have freaked me out. I live in L.A. and see coyotes probably once every two months, and the sightings always excite me. The wild right in my backyard. But if my dog was trying to play with one... yikes!

Vivienne
We've seen coyotes in our yard. It was usually very early in the morning. We also seen turkeys on our driveway during the mating season, complete with the tail feather fan. That's pretty spectacular!

We're in a suburb of St. Louis, with lots of other suburbs surrounding us. There is a company close to us, with a pretty good chunk of land. They feed turkeys and other wildlife. That may be encouraging the predators to move into the neighborhood.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Garfield the cat on the subject of dogs:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
Advertisement