UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19680  
Subject: Walter Industries (NYSE: WLT) Date: 10/9/2012 1:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I bought this one Friday as a swing trade, not as a Long Term Buy and Hold. Not really sure what this business is all about, other than selling coking coal to Chinese steel manufacturers, but I again bought the chart, not the Fundamental Analysis . . . which I can learn more about later.

This one I'm using a $30.50 stop/loss on at the moment. If it continues to work out, I'll be raising the stop/loss quickly to breakeven (as I did with NFLX today).

The daily chart moved me to buy early, real early for a swing trade. Note that the stock busted out of its downtrendlie:

Daily Chart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=WLT&p=D&st=2012-07-...

I'm not as confident in this weekly chart as we are not yet busted out of, or near to busting out of, the downtrendline drawn on the top of the chart. Still, the whole coal sector has had two false runs in the past five months, looking as though the bull was back.

This time, the sector looks as though it has legs, and Walter Industries has fallen from such a mighty height, this feels like it could soon be a easy double from here.

If this starts working out for me, I'll actually loosen the stop/loss once I reach a breakeven notch on a trendline and support line.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=WLT&p=W&st=2010-12-...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement