Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dennisk101 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127  
Subject: Walter Investment Mgt Corp (WAC) Date: 4/28/2010 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone been following or thinking about this stock, which is a spinoff from Walter Industries about a year ago? I ended up with a measly 20 shares and have not given the company much thought - and not selling primarily because my E*Trade commission on the sale would be such a large percentage. (Not that that's really much of an excuse, but sometimes I'm amazed at what motivates me.) Anyway, for some reason I decided to take a fast look at what this company does, which turns out to be real estate management as a REIT. It's been paying a steady quarterly dividend of $0.50/share, which on an annual basis is over 11% of today's price, which itself is up about 20% recently.

I'm holding these shares, along with WLT, in my Roth IRA, and I've been thinking of adding some income-producing stocks there. I wonder whether WAC is worth some attention at these payouts. Does anyone have any information relevant to this decision?

Thanks much!

Dennis
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GilliganJR Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 124 of 127
Subject: Re: Walter Investment Mgt Corp (WAC) Date: 4/28/2010 4:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in the same boat with you. I got a few shares of WAC from the spinoff and have just left them there, but haven't looked into it.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement