Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jvaughan7 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: Want a Turbochef? Date: 8/15/2005 1:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Greetings OVEN stock holders. Have you ever wondered what one of these things can be bought for? I did, so now that I know...you can know.

http://www.galasource.com/prodCat.cfm/9570,L,TurboChef%20Ovens,MX1

I'm almost not liking this stock. Just the way it is trading (or not) makes me feel a little uneasy about it. Then again, maybe I'm just week in the knees.

-Jason
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foolishbroker68 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 73
Subject: Re: Want a Turbochef? Date: 8/25/2005 3:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Jason-

They actually have a third oven that sells for a little less. You have to consider that the prices are for commercial use ovens so they are going to be higher. The residential oven should be getting unveiled in September and they should be availabel after the first of the year.

In the meantime everybody is watching to see what Starbucks does following their test market in D.C.

Author: jvaughan7 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57 of 73
Subject: Re: Want a Turbochef? Date: 8/26/2005 10:25 AM
I know this. Since the model that Subway etal uses is by far the most prevalent, I picked that one. It was for informational purposes only. I found myself wondering one day-waiting the 20 seconds or so that Subway needs to toast a sandwich-how much they could be bought for.

The residential model release has me very interested. Growing up in the late 1970's and the 1980's, I remember when microwave ovens became a fixture in every kitchen. As most will remember, the first ones were bulky, heavy, unattractive, and expensive. Now, you can buy a decent, nice looking machine for about $100. You can't cook a steak in one though. Well, you can but why? Point of my rant is this: could the Turbochef be the the microwave of its time? Anyone that has eaten at Subway in the last 12 months has had multiple demonstrations of what the Turbochef can do. So, buying public are educated already about the product courtesy of Subway, and maybe soon SBUX...but will they buy it?

Most of all, I like their financials. Young company, growing fast, with great potential, and great ratios. Not the easiest thing to find in the current investing climate.

Has anyone seen any information on the finished appearance, dimensions, etc., and most importantly price of the residential model?

-Jason

Author: foolishbroker68 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58 of 73
Subject: Re: Want a Turbochef? Date: 8/26/2005 3:07 PM
Jason-

They are keeping the residential model under wraps until September. We took a tour of the plant in Carrollton, Tx and Price (CEO) told us that (pointing) that they were developing hte residential oven in that lab. He wouldn't let us see it though. They have an impressive facility and an impressive management team.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement