Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121095  
Subject: Warning for MN tax return filers Date: 3/8/2013 6:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
I received the following press release from the MN Department of Revenue today:

http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MNREV-70077e

Basically, it says that you should not file any MN return prepared with Intuit software, including Intuit's professional grade software, due to extensive errors. The warning extends to e-filed and paper returns.

I have never seen such a strong statement from a Tax Department.

Ira
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ptheland Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117994 of 121095
Subject: Re: Warning for MN tax return filers Date: 3/8/2013 7:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One thing it does appear to confirm is that all of Intuit's products must be using the same back-end e-filing engine.

I saw this earlier this afternoon on my current software's discussion board. And although I don't use Lacerte any more, I still get their user group e-mails. The issue hasn't been raised there - and it's an independent discussion group not controlled by Lacerte.

--Peter

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117995 of 121095
Subject: Re: Warning for MN tax return filers Date: 3/8/2013 7:45 PM
Recommendations: 1
We got the same email from the MN Dept of Revenue.

Boy, you can't buy publicity like that!

Bill

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117996 of 121095
Subject: Re: Warning for MN tax return filers Date: 3/8/2013 7:49 PM
Recommendations: 0
One thing it does appear to confirm is that all of Intuit's products must be using the same back-end e-filing engine.
===================================
Yes, but the notice also includes paper-filed returns.

I saw an earlier news items to the effect that MN really was having problems with Intuit. The MN property tax credit was part of it; I think maybe state-fed. depreciation differences was another.

Bill

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement