UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950535  
Subject: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 35
"Nearly two years after Wall Street waged a successful campaign to keep consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren from running the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the incoming senator will be tapped to serve on the Banking Committee, according to four sources familiar with the situation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/elizabeth-warren-ba...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842172 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Nearly two years after Wall Street waged a successful campaign to keep consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren from running the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the incoming senator will be tapped to serve on the Banking Committee, according to four sources familiar with the situation."

Because the Obama administration is all about compromising and find the middle ground so things can move forward

He is a conservative don't ya know afr to the right of liberals.

yawn

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842181 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 12:48 PM
This was mentioned on election night.

Not shocking that Reid and Co would put her there...but if I was a major bank, I'd be happy with this. A single Senator is pretty much useless and can't do much harm. She'll be more vocal and more of an attack dog...but she won't have any bite for her bark.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842184 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 1:01 PM

With Akaka retiring and creating a vacancy on Banking, it's always been pretty likely that she would be able to get on there:

http://boards.fool.com/that-is-not-the-reason-why-people-are...

Albaby

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842204 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 1:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
it's always been pretty likely that she would be able to get on there

I'm not so sure. There are a lot of Dems as hooked up with the Wall St crowd as the all the Republicans.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842217 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 1:50 PM
I'm not so sure. There are a lot of Dems as hooked up with the Wall St crowd as the all the Republicans.

That's true, but a junior Senator is pretty powerless (relative to others in the institution, of course). Schumer's always going to be senior to her on that committee, and he's not going anywhere. While TPTB might prefer that she be placed elsewhere, I think there's a good chance that she'll be able to leverage herself onto Banking....and then get very little done.

Albaby

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842302 of 1950535
Subject: Re: Warren rumored for Banking Comm. Date: 12/4/2012 7:28 PM
...I think there's a good chance that she'll be able to leverage herself onto Banking....and then get very little done.

Yep. Because our lords and masters don't want anything done.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I see on a vehicle at our kid's school:

If voting made a difference it would be illegal.

If Warren could make a difference she would not be able to get anywhere near that committee.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement