No. of Recommendations: 0
Was searching around looking for the peaceful non Nazi protesters that Trump was referring to..

What I haven't been able to find are the "good" protesters on the Friday night KKK style torch protest. Going back to read Trump's off-the-cuff comments... I'm wondering if he misspoke. Was he referring to video he watched the night before, or video of the night before protest?

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You got a lot of bad people in the other group too.

R: You said the press has treated white nationalists unfairly?

TRUMP: No. There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before, if you look, they were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I'm sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people. Neo Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest.

I can't find any protesters "very quietly" protesting on Friday night. My only thought is that he was talking about Saturday, which he mentions a second time at the end of the quote above. I believe Trump needs to clarify his comments.

Friday night was the worst of the worst. Nothing anyone would want to associate themselves with, outside of one's belief that they have the right to free speech.

--
whyohwhyoh
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement