UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 135697  
Subject: Re: I'm confused. Date: 10/6/2012 1:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Washington Post says there's $1 trillion yearly in total tax breaks.

Look, you've quoted one extremely liberal source to support your position and another that's normally pretty neutral except it has an axe to grind in regards to Romney's tax plan.

Why do you insist on using other sources to try to read Romney's mind? Why not check out Romney's plan at Romney's web page.

Looks like a fair likelihood that in a Romney administration there wouldn't be much change to the tax code, and he'd continue with debt-expanding yearly deficits that plagued the last Republican administration.

You keep nitpicking the Romney plan and I'd like to see more details too (perhaps by the next debate) and claiming how bad it will be for you in particular and you use these nits to justify voting against Romney. However, you never take the mental leap to comparing Romney's plan to Obama's.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of cognitive dissonance or some other issue, but when you compare the points with which you have expressed "issues" under the Romney's plan, you would actually fair worse under Obama's policies (I use the word "policies" because Obama hasn't bothered to talk about a plan for the future - we can only go by what he has already done).

So complain all you want about Romney, publish all of the negative articles from liberal rags that you want, despite all of that noise when it comes down to making an evaluation I'll do what any rational human can do:

Look at both, compare them against each other, and make a choice.

I don't understand why you only look at the blemishes on one side and decide solely upon those blemishes.

Look, you are in medicine, n'est pas?

When you prescribe medication for a disease, do you look only at the side-effects of one treatment and elect to prescribe the other without even bothering to know what the side effects of the alternate are?

If you do you should be sued for malpractice. The same is true in an election. You are looking only at the negatives of Mitt's plan, you have not bothered to look at the negatives of Obama's.

Normally I'd be happy to wash my hands of you and allow you to take the lumps you deserve, unfortunately *your* choice affects me too.

You are inflicting *your* health care choice on me.
You are inflicting *your* crony capitalism on me.
You are inflicting *your* crappy economy on me.
You are inflicting *your* deficits on my kids.

and you should be sued for malpractice for it.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement