Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Watch AT&T.

Massive debt

Continually changing business goals

Internally the business not being run smoothly.

Profits are there, enough to cover the rich dividend, but they come with added debt and by stripping infrastructure.

Hurricane Maria by itself would have tipped AT&T into a cash shortage. The loss of Direct TV subscribers (The CEO was looking for a gain) also cuts into the cash. Internally I am seeing desperate measures being pushed on the sales side.

Shorts will not touch it with the rich dividend, but drop the dividend and the company is defenseless.

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Watch AT&T.

Massive debt

Continually changing business goals

Internally the business not being run smoothly.

Profits are there, enough to cover the rich dividend, but they come with added debt and by stripping infrastructure.

Hurricane Maria by itself would have tipped AT&T into a cash shortage. The loss of Direct TV subscribers (The CEO was looking for a gain) also cuts into the cash. Internally I am seeing desperate measures being pushed on the sales side.

Shorts will not touch it with the rich dividend, but drop the dividend and the company is defenseless.

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 2
Lci Industries - supplier to Winnebago. Same cyclical industry.

March of '09 was trading about $8 (was known as Drew Industries back then). today is $122.50.

May be another candidate?

carver
long currently.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sorry - symbol is LCII
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yeah, added to my list, thanks.

Most cyclical industries trade at low multiples, when they're at peak earnings; the top 3 carmakers (VW, Toyota, GM), for instance, trade at 9, 11 and 7 times earnings, and Honda is at 9, Daimler at 7, Nissan at 6. What's with RV makers all trading at 18 to 25 times?

dtb
Advertisement