UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753341  
Subject: Watched me a little baseball Date: 10/11/2012 7:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I'm waiting for the dishwasher repairman to come (they always show up in the last half-hour of that four-hour window, don't they?) so I don't want to get into a project or long post or good book or anything. So I turned on the béisbol game and saw the Gnats win with a homer simpson in the bottom of the ninth to tie the series with some faceless midwestern team. I didn't care who won since I don't have a cur in that fracas, but I thought it was nice that now maybe arrete can stop complaining so much.

Anyone else want to see a cross-Bay series, SF vs. Oakland? I've got a baseball cap I bought in NYC in 2000 that commemorates the subway series of that year. I'd have to get me one for the Bay series to close the loop.

Earlier today we finished the online application to change all our insurance policies from Farmers to Amica, for a savings of over $1,100 per year. I don't know how Farmers can stay in business with the prices of their policies. Oh, wait -- I remember now. It's because of idiots who don't shop around. Amica costs a few bucks more than AAA but the deciding factor was the earthquake deductible -- 10% for Amica and 15% for AAA. Since the most likely event to cause damage to our dwelling is the Big One, that 5% difference could translate into some real bucks, not to mention some real doe.

--fleg
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement