Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: byrchaos Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2354  
Subject: Wavelight Date: 8/3/2006 11:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am a US citizen working with a German VISA. I follow both the German and US markets. I currently own the German stocks from wavelight, solarworld and lion bioscience. Lion is one of my most painful investments, but a true first learning experience. It posted black numbers for the first time in Q2. I bought it as a IPO a few years ago and watched it tumble to where it now stands. In the last two months it seems SAP (German software firm) is interested in lion and has the stock moving up and down like a roller coaster. The company's idea makes good sense and the medical market needs the product, but this firm has never been able to recover any of the share price. I would be interested in hearing from others on this and the two other stocks I have listed.

http://www.lionbioscience.com/ LEONF Market OTC $3.15

Solarworld is a holding I have done well with since I bought it as an IPO. I took out my initial investment and have shaved a little win off the top each time it splits. The prospects for the future look good and it is the leader in Germany. This company manufactures, installs, and also provides kilowatt power. Everytime the banking investment firms speak badly about it, the company just jumps back with better earnings than the time before. I would appreciate any comments.

http://www.solarworld.de/ SRWRF Market OTC $60.00

Wavelight is a new purchase. It has been working with the FDA on approval of several laser treatment devices. I see potential, but this company has been very beaten down. I would be interested in hearing what some of the more seasoned investors in the group have to say about this company and the potential of it's laser products in the medical/surgical field.

http://www.wavelight.de/ WVLTF Market OTC $9.70

byrchaos
Stuttgart, Germany

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement