Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (59) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Foolferlove Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 439684  
Subject: Re: Why does it matter that a person exists? Date: 11/26/2002 7:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 19
We are created to glorify God. And he works to help us do it.

Fascinating.

So God is such an egomaniac that he created an entire universe to have someone to "glorify" him?

And, while he was at it, he created cancer and hurricanes and plague and diabetes and volcanoes and tidal waves and cerebral palsy and glaucoma and tornadoes and famines and aids and stuff like that so we'd have a reason to glorify him, right?

You know, sometimes I play this game. It's called "playing god". When I go on a trip somewhere for a few days, I intentionally don't leave any food out for my cat. That way, when I get home, she is SO grateful to see me! And she loves me more than had I left her well fed. You see, my cat is too DUMB to understand that my NOT feeding her is my fault. All she understands is that she sees me when I give her food, so I am her "savior". She can't comprehend that I created the problem in the first place. She is like a human, and I am GOD!

[Actually, I'm kidding about my cat, in case you didn't guess. I love her a lot and though she is not the brightest of felines I have ever known, I don't like to call her dumb.]

So you see, when god cause pain, suffering and misery, it helps us to glorify him when he saves us from these disasters and stuff. Just like sll implied.

Sometimes I wonder if god doesn't have a form of munchausens syndrome by proxy. He CREATES the problem in the first place, and then gets thanks for helping us through it all. And you know, Jesus is like a doctor, except this time, the doctor is in on the secret and doesn't say anything so that he TOO can share in the glory! You know, one good psychiatrist for god and POOF! No more world suffering and peace on earth!

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (59) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement