UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 464947  
Subject: Re: Structuring assets -- drawdown phase Date: 3/19/2013 9:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We built a bond ladder for the next 3-5 years. It guarantees living expenses will be available when you need them.

Using an approach that is a cousin to this, I have my brother's account in 80% dividend paying equities: utility companies, pipeline partnerships, big pharmas, etc. The other 20% we reserve for more growth oriented approaches so that (hopefully) we can "juice" the overall total portfolio return. The account I'm talking about is a non-qualified account, he also participates in a TIAA-CREF plan as a profeesor and, within that a Roth as well.

So, his retirement stool will consist of Social Security (which he is already collecting), when he stops working his TIAA_CREF annuity, then a dividend stream from the above mentioned account.

In addition to that, he has a much younger wife who is also a professor at the same university, and she will still be working for quite some time.

Poz
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement