Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: diandon One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95924  
Subject: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 12:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Calling on ALL Patriots Fans, ALL True Football Fans AND anyone who wishes to put a stop to this type of outrageously inflammatory media.....

It is time to put some of your passion for the game of football to very good use. If you, as this fan is, one who finds Mike Wilbon's Oct. 29th segment of The Chat House and the damage it has brought to the sport of football along the lines and among the many negative criticisms such as unprofessional, unethical and immoral, please let the Post know in a letter to the editor. By creating enough of an outcry against him and his toxic chatter, the backlash effect may find Wilbon's words will come back to haunt him with a late and low hit from his editor
by taking him out of The Chat House and possibly sports altogether. We, football fans everywhere, should not ever be subject to such offense of our sensibilities relating to our sport of choice.

For your consideration, I've included a sample letter here which you can cut, paste, sign and send as is or with personal modifications to the listed E-ddress also included below.

To Whom It May Concern;

As a fan of football, I find it inexcusable that your sports writer, Mike Wilbon, in the Oct. 29 segment of The Chat House not only advocated but quite blatantly called for a late and low hit on Tom Brady. Backpedaling from that with the 6th caller behind his original statement, he restated "when I say "take out" I don't mean go for his knees; I mean a clean shot with every once {ounce} of force one can summon...right in the strike zone." One is left to wonder what "the strike zone" reference would be in his seemingly warped mind. However, that question remains with answers likely as negative as the statements themselves.

Regardless of his agenda or intention, his statements can be viewed as many things, none of which bring positive thoughts to mind. For your consideration, here are some of the reactions that his words have created; unprofessional, unethical, immoral, inflammatory, toxic, unnecessary and unsportsmanlike. Though the intense negative furor and damage that his chat has already created has been done yet not finished, you can prevent this from ever happening again. I call for Wilbon's removal from The Chat House and your good sense to see this through to the benefit of all football fans.

Thank You,

letters@washpost.com
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CarlHungus Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63612 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 12:33 PM
Recommendations: 12
Are you serious?

Author: CarlHungus Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63613 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 12:35 PM
Recommendations: 19
ps- You sound more like a whiny Pats fan than a defender of football's sacred morality

Author: mickaelangelo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63614 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 12:48 PM
Recommendations: 18
C'mon....there's no chance someone will cheap shot Brady and knock him out for the year. Wilfork plays for New England.

mick

Author: NeedH2O Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63615 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 12:57 PM
Recommendations: 2
unprofessional, unethical and immoral,

Leave the Pats coaching staff out of this.

We, football fans everywhere, should not ever be subject to such offense of our sensibilities relating to our sport of choice.

You might want to read that sentence for yourself.

Author: WonderPup Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63618 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 1:23 PM
Recommendations: 11
To Whom It May Concern;

As a fan of the English language, I find it inexcusable that you, diandon, in your Oct 31 post on the Foolish House of Pigskin not only advocated but quite blatantly wrote a post that was a late and low hit on grammatical usage.

Regardless of your agenda or intention, your statements can be viewed as many things, none of which are coherent. For your consideration, here are some of the reactions your words have created; ameliorated, equivocated, masticated, adjudicated, cavalcaded, emasculated, matriculated, annotated, conjugated, desecrated and silly. Though the intense apathy and ambivalence your post has already created has been done not yet finished, you can prevent this from ever happening again. I call for the removal of the semicolon key from your keyboard, and your good sense to see this through to the benefit of all TMF football fans.

Thank you,

Random Unsigned Letter

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63619 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 1:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
Regardless of your agenda or intention, your statements can be viewed as many things, none of which are coherent. For your consideration, here are some of the reactions your words have created

I have just one word for to which describe the OP's intentionality, irregardless of consequences...

Strategery.

- C -

Author: AngryCandy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63639 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 10/31/2007 4:38 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<C'mon....there's no chance someone will cheap shot Brady and knock him out for the year. Wilfork plays for New England.>>

Well, you could always get Rodney Harrison to do the job. Oh wait, never mind.

-chris

Author: nickelsworth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 63680 of 95924
Subject: Re: We Deserve Much Better Than Wilbon!!! Date: 11/1/2007 5:59 PM
Recommendations: 0
Are you serious?

ps- You sound more like a whiny Pats fan than a defender of football's sacred morality

C'mon....there's no chance someone will cheap shot Brady and knock him out for the year. Wilfork plays for New England.

Best three-in-a-row in a long time!
nw

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement