Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2374  
Subject: Re: Future RVer Date: 12/27/2000 1:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We had always imagined starting out with something like a pop-up trailer. But that was before we knew we'd have four kids. I think with a family of this size, we my need to go right into a full size RV. The only problem with this is it will probably set us back a few years.

Pop up tent trailers can sleep a lot of people. Probably the most for the space and money. The new ones even have refrigerators and bathrooms with showers. The draw back to the pop up is setting up and down while the kids have to wait and sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate and then they have to wait in the vehicle. They can also be a lot of work if you do a lot of moving around from campground to campground. Not bad if you spend a lot of time at one place.

We took many two week and one three week vacation in our tent-trailer and the only reason we didn't take longer ones was we didn't have the vacation time until we had the trailer.

Trailers are good for kids expecially if they have bunk beds and not as expensive as a motorhome. Bunks can sleep twice the kids with half the space! I think you can even find them with a double set of bunks. I've also seen combo's where it's mostly trailer with a tent-trailer pull out bed. There is a little more work to hooking and unhooking a trailer verses a motorhome, but not bad and the kids can go into the trailer while you are doing this.

I wouldn't wait for the kids to be old enought to enjoy your trips. Take them young and then they get use to camping as a vacation and then it's not strange to them when they get a little older.

BTW Congratulations!

Utahtea

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement