Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 82328  
Subject: Re: Meat Grinder on sale Date: 10/5/2012 2:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
We have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, and we got the meat grinder attachment. Much more versatile than a uni-tasker like that one. A bit more expensive, too. But I think it worth while given the extra utility of it.

I have that attachment for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, as well, 1pg. The plastic worm is prone to cracking/splitting, if you use it more than very occasionally - ain't no secret:

This grinder (a Chefs Choice grinder attachment for Kitchen Aid stand mixers) replaced a plastic KitchenAid grinder that cracked after minimal light use. The metal grinder is a much better choice. http://reviews.chefscatalog.com/8855/25196/chefschoice-chefs...

I have a Kitchen Aid 5 Series stand mixer and the meat grinder attachment, with 2 plastic worms - Both are cracked. The worm on your grinder will crack, if you use it very much - I assure you.

I also have the meat grinder James posted a link to. It works very well and is well worth its price, especially at the discount.

A Taiwanese friend uses a commercial grade meat grinder in her restaurant that works more aggressively - It's a commercial meat grinder, but she spent $300 just having the motor rebuilt.

The grinder James linked does a very respectable and reliable job for home use, or perhaps even light commercial use.

Many of the people on this board grind their own ground beef and pork, from a variety of cuts and fat content. They do so because they get a better end product than what they get from packaged ground products at a grocery store, plus it's possible to mix stuff in while grinding - for example mixing/grinding shrimp with pork for a Japanese Gyoza.

Use your Kitchen Aid grinder to grind your own meat, until it might fail - Then I would highly recommend that you consider this grinder, over replacing the Kitchen Aid attachment.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement