UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75339  
Subject: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/8/2007 6:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Amazing, isn't it? We study the market, make investments and try to make money, and, all the while, our family members are over in that hell-hole Iraq (and Afghanistan) dying every day.

Tragic.

I wonder how many family members of those who SENT them there are in the "war"? Any bets?

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58202 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/8/2007 6:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
Are you saying we should stick our money under the mattress until our troops are all home?

I don't see the logic here.

Aren't there enough retirement-related boards that have already turned too political? Why do we need another one?

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58203 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/8/2007 8:47 PM
Recommendations: 0
Amazing, isn't it? We study the market, make investments and try to make money, and, all the while, our family members are over in that hell-hole Iraq (and Afghanistan) dying every day.

Why? What's happening in Iraq?

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58205 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/8/2007 10:05 PM
Recommendations: 1
Well, paying for Busie's war is going to take a lot of inflation. If you don't have growth stocks, you're toast.

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58209 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/9/2007 5:12 AM
#29:

Are you saying we should stick our money under the mattress until our troops are all home?

No, I'm asking how many of those in power, who have sent our family members and friends off to Iraq, actually have any of THEIR family members over there.

Yes, there are enough political boards elsewhere. We may as well drop the subject, I guess. It just struck me this way as I saw yet another news bulletin about more Americans dying there.

Vermonter

Author: joelxwil Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58211 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/9/2007 8:11 AM
Recommendations: 6
Nothing wrong with our investing while people die in Iraq - we need to make a living somehow.

What is wrong is the way the country is divided. Instead of coming together to fight the terrorists, people are just jockeying around for some kind of advantage now that things are not going well.

The terrorists are a greater threat than we ever faced in WW2, and we were united then.

Author: MacNugget Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58219 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/9/2007 12:49 PM
Recommendations: 4
The terrorists are a greater threat than we ever faced in WW2, and we were united then.

But what does that have to do with Iraq?

Author: HornedToad10 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58232 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/9/2007 6:31 PM
Recommendations: 0
Well, paying for Busie's war is going to take a lot of inflation. If you don't have growth stocks, you're toast

Value stocks have historically returned much better.... growth just sounds "snazzier."

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58238 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/10/2007 5:19 AM
joelxwill:

What is wrong is the way the country is divided. Instead of coming together to fight the terrorists, people are just jockeying around for some kind of advantage now that things are not going well.

NOW that things are not going well? The only time things may have seemed to be going well was in the very early phases, when our marvelous military was in the process of doing their usual outstanding job of hammering an "enemy". Then things started to fall apart because there was no plan for what to do AFTER they did their job.

"Divided"? I think the "division" is lessening. Many, many of us thought the whole idea, based on lies in the first place, was poorly managed all along. The only difference now is that those early opinions have been reinforced by steadily worsening events, compounded by the loss of more and more Americans and others on both "sides".

So why have we not focused on chasing down their leader(s) instead of just making a dreadful mess of Iraq?

Unbelievable.

Vermonter

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58239 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/10/2007 9:20 AM
So why have we not focused on chasing down their leader(s) instead of just making a dreadful mess of Iraq?

Because what good will it do to chase down their leaders when every day millions of innocent babies are aborted?

alchook
(trying to get back on topic)

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58240 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/10/2007 9:28 AM
We may as well drop the subject, I guess.

I see that you're not very good at dropping subjects.

IF

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58242 of 75339
Subject: Re: We invest while our kids die in Iraq Date: 7/10/2007 10:09 AM
IF:

Consider it dropped.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement