No. of Recommendations: 4
We may have different definitions of "political". I lump everything having to do with how tax dollars are spent as "political"

So then, on to "solutions". In my experience, from a provider standpoint and now from a customer standpoint, Medicare works great. I suggest going back to the thing Clinton and Gore were suggesting back in the 90s. Gradually increase the age range Medicare covers. Next year add years 0-4 and 62 -65. A few years later add years 4-6 and 60 - 62. Keep going till we're all in. Allow Medicare to negotiate drug pricing. In the meantime, keep the limits on Insurance company profits.

Those are my humble opinions.

As are these:

Regarding nurses who laugh, or worse. Over the last 35-40 years I have seen my brother and sister nurses become better educated, more competent, and more professional and I think this is true because entering the field is much more competitive than it was when I starting out. So this is all going in the right direction as far as nursing goes, but it will get expensive with these new educational demands. But then ... we all know the adage, you get what you pay for. Hopefully the laughing nurse who lacks empathy is becoming increasing scarce. Just as, hopefully, the political party that lacks empathy

will melt away
like the wicked witch
in the Wizard of Oz.

Now here's a question:
Did the Wizard of Oz have Orange hair?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement