Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 81863  
Subject: Re: Smoked Some Spare Ribs Date: 4/20/2014 5:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We smoked yesterday also. 1 rack of ribs, 2 pork loins, and some Hungarian brats. Had a little trouble keeping the temp down (don't know why, but I had to close the vents more than usual, and it was still a bit on the high side of "smoke").

Closed the vents to shut it down, wrapped the meats in foil with some bbq sauce, and put them back in the smoker to use the residual heat (and not heat up the house with the oven). Rib bones just pulled right out of the meat when I was done. 1poorlady liked that. :-)

I cleaned out the water bowl this morning, but still need to do the grate (I got side-tracked and haven't finished that). Then put it back together and put on its "cozy".

I'm thinking I should probably plan to clean the insides of the smoker soon. It doesn't have that shiny black enamel look anymore. Dull browns and blacks, with streaks of orange now.

1poorguy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement