UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10547  
Subject: Re: It's Finally Here Date: 3/8/2007 4:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We spent a long time saving up for this, but I gotta say it was worth it. This is the system we pieced together:

Sony 46" LCD XBR3 TV - 1080p
Denon 2807 A/V Receiver
2 Definitive BP7006 Bi-polar SuperTower Speakers
2 Definitive ProMonitor Surround Speakers
Definitive 1000 Center Channel
Definitive 8" Powered Subwoofer

We are using my old Sony CD player for now and the Sony PlayStation 3's built in Blu-Ray DVD player. I have to say watching an animated Blu-Ray movie (Ice Age 2) was unbelievable. The sound is fantastic. Crystal clear and full of punch. So much more of music, television, and movies is brought out. We have a Denon I-Pod dock on order and I can't wait for that.

All in all, we are thrilled. We have to fight off the kids and their friends to get near it :)

Thanks again for the advice and the good ideas I read on this board.

TC

It sure is a good feeling when it all ties together, don't it.

There's a review of the Denon 2807 (once you go through the short ad for CNet) at
http://reviews.cnet.com/Denon_AVR_2807/4505-6466_7-31660758.html and why it's an editor's choice as best bang for the buck. Worth seeing.

You're aboutthisfar from looking at your stack of DVDs and saying, “We haven't seen this one in a while. I wonder how it'll look on the new system,” and you're going to be most pleasantly surprised.

Nice system.

MichaelR

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement