Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: GrandmaLil Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2373  
Subject: Re: The Florida Trip Date: 4/10/2004 11:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We took a day trip down to Key West, so I guess you can say I got all the way South. My favorite spot is a campground called Ft. DeSoto State Park. It's a toughy to get into though. Reservations can only be made 30 days in advance, and only in person. Fortunately my niece's mother-in-law lives not too far away, and she goes over and makes our reservations for us. Sometimes it's tough at different campgrounds to get three sites together, but we managed to do it at all except two.
At one campground the sites were so large that I was able to pull the motorhome in frontwards and was actually on my brother's site, but hooked up to my site which was next to him. That enabled us to sit with our awnings about six feet apart or so, and was a very cozy setup.
The weather was pretty decent. We had a couple of days that were 'cool' (even 50-ish), and many nights we would run our small portable electric heaters, but weather between 65 and 80 was the most common. Only had one real 'rainout' day. That was okay. It was a good day for playing cards and doing some shopping.
I am now mapping out my next trip which will be in a couple of months. I plan to hit the Pacific Northwest (Washington and Oregon). Have already been to Yellowstone twice, but I don't think I can pass by without making another trip there. Also plan to hit a couple of other National Parks on my out and back. One of my retirement goals is to hit as many National Parks as I can (particularly those I can drive to).
Grandma
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement